Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent relief?

Options
  • 28-02-2007 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

Hi people, I'm new to these boards and was wondering if anyone can tell me anything about rent relief. I'm a single mother and have just compleated my degree, so I want to get my arse out to work and take up a position asap. I've registered on publicjobs.ie and am going for my interview test this friday.

The problem is that starting off in the civil service I'd be paid a very modest wage (about 22k per year) My rent here is 1000 a month, so 12000 a year from 22000 is going to leave me in roughly the same financial situation I've been in throughout my college years, which was no fun trying to raise a child on single-handed, I can tell you!

I'm just wondering does anybody know how much rent relief someone in my situation would be entitled to? I'll be going to work regardless, as this is what I've been working towards all this time, but it'd be nice to know it might not necessarily mean I'll still be screwed to the wall financially for the next couple of years till I get a decent pay-rise. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

You are probably best talking to your local Welfare office or Citizens Advice Office. Also look at the Citizens Advice site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭seahorse

I found what I was looking for on that link you posted, thanks very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,398 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You probably won't be paying enough tax to benefit from Rent Relief, but you may be entitled to Rent Allowance form your local Community Welfare Officer.

Advertisement