Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths Paper2!!!!!!

Options
  • 28-02-2007 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

PLease guys if any1 has done maths paper2 could u please leave some hints 4 me!!! My paper 1 had the diffrentiation from first principles of square root of x. thanks a mill!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 dancingpixie

Yeah i will actually pay* anyone who can tell me what comes up on paper two before 9am tomorrow morning!

*in love and gratitude. I have no money :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

I'll third this motion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 lc_88

Come on guys there's gotta be some1 out there with the maths paper2!!! PLEASE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I'll have the Maths Paper 2, unfortunately not till 9.15 tomorrow morning:P. I need a good paper, my Mocks success depends on me passing Maths. Its that exact same paper as the OP too. My advice is just roll with the punches, leave the element of surprise there till you see the paper.

Goes away now so as not to see any hints

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 depilot

i did paper 2 today wasnt a bad a paper1 though. if i were ye i would study the proof tan (a+b), the maclaurin series for log(1+x) and strangly log(1-x), the trapezium for max and min promlems, difference eqns and u must use -b+- formula for the roots, parametrics for de circle and show the cirles touch externally and circles whos tangents are the x-axis and y-axis and the last thing i remember is in de line question given a triangle with a circle in it a asked all sorts of **** about it .;) enjoy:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭adamcp

What's everyone's preference when revising for paper 2? Do you revise every subject or choose which questions you're going to do out of each section and try to learn them as best you can?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Some nasty surprises.
    A few part c's were:
    A circle passes through a point M and is a tangent to the x and y axis. Find the 2 circles that satisfy these conditions.

A question with a pentagon. You need to use the sine rule and the 1/2abSinc rule. Not difficult, the drawing is misleading.

Prove Tan(A+B). Second part of this is where you have the value of Tan(A+B) and Tan(A-B) and you need to use the Tan(A+B) formula to solve for Tan A and Tan B - not difficult though - they give you a clue.

IMHO question 8 was ridiculous, in terms of its length (took me 5 pages to do it properly) Part A B and C are very long - so long that it can mess up your whole timing structure.
    -Be sure you know how to use a recursive version of the integration by parts rule i.e. (not the question but an example)
    S (e^x).(Sin x) dx

-Part B is a MacLaurin series for ln(1+x) or Log(1-x).
    For a third part of this part you need to find a value ln 1/3 (need to consider here how a negative value of x will effect the convergence/divergence of the series)

-Final part is area of a trapezium. Don't be put off by the drawing, it's not that difficult actually. Remember that k is a constant and therefore doesn't need to be integrated. This part is quite long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Copper_90210

Zorba-did ur paper1 have d differenciate 1/x from 1st principals, or was it a different paper?

Advertisement