Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hydraulic brake question

Options
  • 28-02-2007 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭

Just assembled my new beone bike. it comes with hydraulic disc brakes. Having put a few bikes together out of packaging before i knew id have to set up a few things first. However i have no idea what to do to set up the hydraulic brakes. Can anyone help me out or point me in the direction of what to do? The rotar discs are rubbing on the pads. All help is appreciated.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

what brand are the brakes? there should be an allen key adjustment which will move the caliper away from the disc (depending on the brand/model)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Hey man,

Give me a shout if you want me to drop over and give you a hand setting those brakes up.

Gil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

Hayes HFX 9 DH 8" in the front and 6" in the back
    I think iv found my boardie of the year!! I managed to set up the front after reading the park tool website,but the rear is giving me a bit of trouble. I may just have to call on you gil if you'r around. Biscuits and tea are on me!!

No worries dude,

I'm away again from early tomorrow morning, but I can swing over this evening if you're stuck.

Gil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

Im in work till about 930pm tonight. ill pm you my number again and we can sort something out.

• Advertisement

Hey dude,

What's the craic with your brakes then? Did they bed in okay?

Gil

Advertisement