Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History Paper- impossibe

Options
  • 28-02-2007 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭

got the gaa as my document question, the last question i ever wanted to see, i just wrote about anything for the 40 mark question

The european history i was ok, eastern question and propaganda(i take it they wont come up now in lc)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

Ya I got that too, seems to be the common one everywhere. I thought it was very fair but its a shame those essays wont come up for the lc coz they are the nicest ones really

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

So your saying For Later Modern Europe: Nazi Propaganda and for EMP: Eastern Question?

What else came up?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I had a different one anyway. It had the 1913 Lockout. Q4 of the Document was What was the outcome for the workers of the Lockout?

Essays went well aswell. Topic 3 Irish, it had an economic one of how both governments dealt with the social and economical challenges between 1923 and 1939.

for Europe Topic 2, there was the effect of WW1 on the role of women in society, something about the Balkans aswell. And for Topic 3, Nuremburg Rallies was one, Churchill another(his role in Britain), and the causes of WW2 was another one.
    The european history i was ok, eastern question and propaganda(i take it they wont come up now in lc)

Why do ya think that? Mocks arent controlled by Examinations Commission, sure with the variety between various companies for this, hardly anything could be asked then

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Mushy wrote:
    Why do ya think that? Mocks arent controlled by Examinations Commission, sure with the variety between various companies for this, hardly anything could be asked then

Plus the real papers have been set at least 9-10 months ago.
    The SEC certainly doesn't look at what comes up on papers set for commercial gain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 memberofpublic

On the GAA paper, could somebody give me an idea of the essays for Irish history - sovereignty & partition and European - divison & realignment please? I understand Nazi propaganda is on it for dictatorship & democracy? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

It's DEB. I got it. We were told the GAA and Pearse were coming up (Pearse because we hadn't covered anything else Irish). The GAA question was dodgy, so was Pearse, but I did Nazi Propaganda and Civil Rights- easy!

Memberofpublic, you'll find spoilers for the paper in the 'Mocks?' thread.

The Leaving Cert is written in Feb/March actually. That's why ASBOs and the match are hinted as possible topics. The mocks are written in October.

They might not look at the mocks, but imo, DEB papers tend to be similar to the actual, I've seen several old mocks papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

For mine I had,

DOCUMENT:
    Strike and & Lockout 1913

IRISH ESSAY:
    James Craig as PM
    Why Arthur Griffith found SF, outline party between 1906-1912

EARLY MODERN EUROPE (NATIONS STATES)
    Women in WWI
    Balkan Rivalries

LATER MODERN EUROPE:
    WWII causes
    Winston Churhcill, 1920 - 1945

That's all I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

i have this paper (examcraft) tomorrow :eek: can someone please tell me what was the American questions. cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Done the DEB one, was a ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Laurielou

I know that there are so many threads available on DEB paper for history but i can seem to find a comprehensive list of whats on any of the others, any ideas at all???:confused: So screwed without it...thanks!!!:) :) :)I know most people are finished their mocks but anything i can help with i will also!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

WilCardDow, what did you think of that paper? I had the same one, thought it was easy enough. Which essays did ya do? I did, the womans one, causes for WW2 and Economic & Social problems for the governments, which went great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

What topics did you write about for Propaganda, i wrote as much as i could about nuremburg rallies, which was sweet FA :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Got a bit in on goebells, bit on nurenburg rallies and basicaly just wrote about intimidation from the sa and ss

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

What topics did you write about for Propaganda, i wrote as much as i could about nuremburg rallies, which was sweet FA :D

All about Goebbels, the Hitler Youth, indoctrination- rewriting of history books etc, teachers being sacked..the Rallies, Kristallnacht, total control of entire media.

I was 2 marks away from full marks on that essay when I got it back :)

Advertisement