Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin collections at 3am!

Options
  • 28-02-2007 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭

Following on from an earlier thread.

I've noticed now a few times that a BIN truck reverses down my street (laneway), beeping away as trucks do when their reversing. And then all the noise of loading the industrial bins! About 6 of them.

Its a greenstar truck. Is this allowed this hour of the night? Its quite loud and if you have the window open will wake you up!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I presume you are in the city center...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

aye

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

This happened again last night, its a greenstar truck and woke me up... can anything be done?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

All aboard! The night train! Whoop whoop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Close your window?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Try sleeping with a fan! Sure its noise... but its white noise so will drown out most sudden noises. You will get used to it after a while.
    My wife cant sleep without one so i had to get used to it and now even if she is away i turn it on.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Dunno if it's the same truck, but I hear the same noise on the same night around 1AM or so. I'm guessing it's that truck picking up from the nearby hotel. I'm also in the city centre.

As to sleeping with your window close - I can hear people crossing the cobblestones below through my closed window. Not really somethnig that's viable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭cathald

Earplugs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

Advertisement