Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much do you pay for accomodation?

Options
  • 28-02-2007 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Are you getting screwed? How much do you pay, and for what?

I'm paying E450 a month for a tiny box room in Windy Arbour, about fifteen minutes walk from UCD.

How about ye?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

340e per month - sharing a big room with the boyfriend though.

It's in Kilmacud and about a 25 minute walk from UCD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

That does sound a bit pricey all right.
    Im paying 450/month for a huge room in donneybrook (I love my double bed!). Thats the most expensive I've ever paid for a room in college. When I lived in Clonskeagh there was 5 of us sharing and I had a big double room for 350. It depends on how many your sharing with I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

When I first came to Dublin, I shared a crappy (cold+damp)appartment in Donnybrook (Anglesea Road) with my then boyfriend for 800,- a month. I thought that was cheap because we had two rooms, kitchen, bathroom with tub and electric shower and a (stone) garden. Electricity was VERY expensive though.

Then we moved to Belfield Court (next to UCD) which was 1100,- for a ground floor appartment, which was really really lovely place (clean, friendly, well maintained)!!

Then I paid about 450,- I think for a room in Glen.

Then I moved to Blackrock/Stillorgan, Orpen Green and paid 390,- for a tiny box room and shared the house with 3 other girls (no electric shower, no dryer but gas central heating and a lovely garden). But then rent went up to 450,- ...so I'm back with my mammy now for a while! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

€400 for a double room, ensuite in Dundrum, it was €360 last year but in fairness, a reasonable increase. The place is great as far as student accom goes.

You'd probably get more replies to this if you had an anonymous poll. People might not feel like being particularly open about the rent they pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Whatever Res fees work out at for Glen. I've got a 50 week lease, so it's more expensive September to May per week/month than it is for the rest of the summer until August. It's the most expensive place I've ever lived in Dublin in terms of rent, but I save €20 a week on travel and little things like that which even things out. I have an en-suite, the people I live with do their share of the housework, it's on campus but feels a bit disconnected because it's behind the trees etc. and you can't see the campus buildings from here, which means you get a bit of distance from "college" 24/7.

The place I lived in last year ate gas and electricity, they came to at least €100 between them for each of us in a two month billing period (even in the summer) with the gas sometimes hitting €80+ per person (4 of us) every second month, with the ESB on top of that. Icky poo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Steibhin

I pay €400 for a large double bed in Kilmainham. Was about 25min cycle to UCD until my bike was stolen. Now its just over a 1 hours LUAS/Bus commute. You get used to it after a while and it nice to be close enough to town and to Hueston Station for going home to Gaillaimh. I paid €325 for a nice room in the City centre there during the summer. Dublin is quite a hike price wise and in terms of size. Everything is just so far away and difficult to get to. You adapt to it after a while, but at the start its incredibly annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

€120 a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

e525 a month for a large bedroom with double bed. It's on Roebuck Road, two mins from Roebuck Gate.
    Couldn't find anything cheaper for the size and location I wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

€410 per month, sharing a room/bed, 3 people in our flat, 2 large double rooms. 5 mins walk from the clonskeagh gate. One of the lucky ones I guess. There's a few other UCDians in our complex also.

Advertisement