Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have they nothing better to do?

• 28-02-2007 10:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭

From Today FM's newsroom:
    http://news.todayfm.com/story.asp?sid=11996
    Contingency plan information for flu pandemic
    (Wednesday) 28/2/2007

Businesses here could experience employee absences of up to 40% if an influenza pandemic hit Ireland.

The Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment today launched a guide for businesses aimed at assisting companies to prepare a continuity plan in the event of a pandemic.

The guide, which is a follow to the Department of Health's National Influenza plan, is based on advice from the World Health Organisation.

Did you hear ex health minister Me-me-me-hall Martin waffling on about it on the last word?

What a waste of time and money. Experts called in, advisors paid, consultants consulted ...all to tell us that if everybody gets sick, less people will be able to show up for work.

Pure genius !

So glad we have Me-me-me-hall ...never would have figured that on out on me own :D

When asked, "wouldn't it be better to close down businesses completely to prevent the spread of the disease", the answer was somewhere along the lines of "that isn't actually part of our plan, that would have to come from the health minister, we're just here to advise businesses of what might happen and to be prepared for it."

Oh yeah, so you have 10 employees, two of them are already dead and another two are in the process of dying ..how do fill the vacancies? ...call in the minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment ??

Call a slave drive mission to Romania and Bulgaria ?

Somebody please pinch me ...this HAS TO BE a bad dream ....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

It will end up gathering dust with our Tsunami, Earthquake and Volcano plans (with our iodine tablets)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Those iodine tablets have expired now, haven't they? I nearly took one the last day when I was looking for a disprin ... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

They had expired before any of them were mailed out.

Advertisement