Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calculating Wages

• 28-02-2007 10:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭

I am trying to work what my correct tax deductions should be - i've tried a few online calculators and all are saying i should be getting a few hundred more take home a month but these may not be accurate?
    so basically i'm looking for a formula to do the calculations for paye/prsi deductions which i think is wages taxed at the rates and then credits added but i dont know where prsi comes in
    any help appreciated

also i earn >60k the better half 29k am i right in thinking that she can transfer the remainder of her tax band to me?

cheers

mick

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I'm going to move this to accounting since they should be able to help you better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭markpb

I found this http://www.hookhead.com/Tools/tax2007.jsp site to be pretty accurate. You might need to do some of the work yourself (such as if you have any credits other than PAYE Single and Single Person personal). A quick check on my current salary has it out by 80 euro a month which is close enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

cheers for reply and for moving

i'll try the site but found the spreadsheet a few threads down which has done the trick ! Now to confrnt payroll

Advertisement