Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Problem - Please Help

Options
  • 28-02-2007 11:27pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,271 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok I have Pro Evo 6 for the PC that I just bought yesterday.

I have registered etc and can connect into the lobby fine. When I go to a Match Room and try to play someone it says that I am unable to connect to the user. I dont know what the problem is. I tried to play a guy there a few minutes ago and he said he was unable to get a connection for me.

Is there some kind of setting that I have missed or is there something that I have to change on my computer or router?

Any help would be great because I only bought the game so I could play it online.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭graham13

Have you knocked your firewall off??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,271 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Yeah turned firewall off and didnt make a difference.

It says something like "cant connect to other players" when I try to start a match. Its driving me mad at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

You need port 5739 open, open it via your router for TCP and UDP.

kdjac

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,271 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Thanks. Ill give that a shot. Only had it open for UDP.

If you're online now im in lobby 7.Nick=hill16

• Advertisement

also online lobby 7

kdjac

Didnt work lads. still got no connection. Gonna give up until tomorrow because its beginning to drive me nuts

Also just to let you know I only on a 1mb eircom line but I am getting no connection at all, not even a very poor one.

i'm also on eircom 1mb and had the same problems when i started up but cant remember how i sorted it(damn drink:D )I wouldnt worry about the bars for your connection speed.I do be the same and dont get much lag most of the time.Kdjac usually moans about it now and again but he usually looks for excuses when getting beat.:D :D

If you can remember Graham then feel free to post it up!

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Also, Kingp35, double-check that you are portforwarding to the correct IP address (i.e your computer and not someone elses in the house).

• Advertisement

graham13 wrote:
    i'm also on eircom 1mb and had the same problems when i started up but cant remember how i sorted it(damn drink:D )I wouldnt worry about the bars for your connection speed.I do be the same and dont get much lag most of the time.Kdjac usually moans about it now and again but he usually looks for excuses when getting beat.:D :D

Did you win your 1st game vs me last night? :p

port must be open incoming and outgoing, firewall must allow the game out. As you getting past network test im assuming you have the port open for outgoing, check that its open for incoming.

Whats your router?

Have you windows firewall it blocks everything by default check the pes6 is in the exception list, check also if you have another firewal blocking it.

kdjac

My router is the Netopia 2247NWG. Im not sure how your supposed to check the ports are open for incoming. If you know, could you tell me how?

I have made sure that Windows Firewall is not blocking the game and I dont use any other firewalls.

Bugger the gayest router around :D

You need to go to port forwarding within the routers admin.

http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Netopia/2247NWG-VGx/Azureus.htm

follow that guide but disregard anything regarding azureus and use port 5739, so only read the bottom half.

Any problems post back.

kdjac

Advertisement