Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold pasta/rice/potatos etc.

• 28-02-2007 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hey i was just wondering if anyone could suggest any cold pasta/rice/potato recipes that are easy to bung into a lunchbox and bring for a lunch in college??
    I know the usual special fried rice, and i made a nice simple tomato and basil penne pasta today with tinned tomatos, onion, pepper, basil and of course pasta and threw in some chicken breast aswel.
    I tried a lovely new potato salad from blazing salads the other day aswel, if anyone could suggest anything like this or anything from that shop for that matter.
    Thanks a mil

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 168 ✭✭girliegirl

Yea Ive had this one before and its really tasty... much different to usual potato salads that just consist of potato and mayo!:p
    http://southernfood.about.com/od/potatosalads/r/bl60508b.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭JimmNeutron

Cool, thanks for the link, any more??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

the other night i threw in a load of pasta, about 2 tablespoons of mayo, a deseeded tomato, a chopped onion, a tin of sweetcorn and a tin of tuna. all small tins of course! lookign back i would add more mayo, and maybe some chilli powder or paprika to give it a little kick but its was pretty nice! Would definitely recommend!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

the other night i threw in a load of pasta, about 2 tablespoons of mayo, a deseeded tomato, a chopped onion, a tin of sweetcorn and a tin of tuna. all small tins of course! lookign back i would add more mayo, and maybe some chilli powder or paprika to give it a little kick but its was pretty nice! Would definitely recommend!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

potato salad - potatos (mash while hot) add mayo, onions (finely chopped) parsely and aromat -

• Advertisement

rice, cumin (small bit) finely chopped peppers and sweetcorn

pasta (the tri color one) and chopped scallions, grated carrot, small amount garlic vinegar and olive oil

Advertisement