Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physics Examcraft Mock???

Options
  • 28-02-2007 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭

Hi, Has anyone done the Physics Examcraft mock??:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Any advice on whats coming up would be great, esp. the experiments that show up and what sections come up in the long questions??

Thanx in advance;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Hopkirk

Q1. Boyles Law, didn't do it so thats all I know
    Q2. Specific Latent Heat Of Fusion, The Ice One, Pretty easy calculation, Two things the student would have done with the ice, (crush it and Dry it) and Why. Then some wave of improving accuracy.
    Q3. Concave Mirror, just diagram , explain, calculations, and ways of improving.
    Q4. Thermistor. Just a graph with a few easy excercises involving graph, Diagram,
    Q.5......

Q6. def of Velocity, displacement, derive S=ut+1/2at^2. Then they gave u a graph and you had some calculations.
    Q7. Light and Waves, dispersion interference. And use of lasers in the home. Something about the electromagnetic wave spectrum.
    Q8. Some definitions, Know P.type and N.type Doping, Then stuff about uses of diodes etc.
    Q9. Didn't do it.
    Q10a. Know all about particles physics, Leptons, Hadrons etc, Quarks and Anti Quarks and Examples.
    Q.12 a was about momentum, b was all about thermo properties,, didn't do C. D -what is a atomic/mass number. Isotpes, and uses of radioactive ones,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭bikeman1

Just bringing this thread back to the front page as someone asked whats on the Physics Mock.

Hopkirk, do you know what topic came up in Q 11 - The 8 x 7mark questions based on an article?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Hopkirk

I think it was about x-rays but I did the paper over 2 weeks ago and I didn't even do that Question so I can't be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Thanks for bringing this back up, i didnt even attempt to look at old threads! So ur saying that Q11 was x-rays?? Thats good, means its my paper :D

Sorry but do you have any idea what Q9 is?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Nexarz

if anyone has this paper can they please email it to me nexarz@gmail.com. thanks in advance!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

If anybody has this physics examcraft paper, please email me at slysean@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Nexarz

hey does anyone have the DEB paper?? i just need to know the first experiment! thnx!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I think i got the DEB papers Nexarx i hardly remember atm.. but the first one was the moments experiemnt where you have the weights on the ruler thingy..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

LimerickDude, what level are ya talking about?

I did Ordinary Examcraft one, very easy, finished within half the time. It actually went quite well. Experiments were: To Find 'G' by free-fall, Joules Law, Speed of Sound in Air, and some otehr one, think it was latent heat or something.

Other questions were X-rays, energy was the little passage thing, temperature, some Newton question, refraction(way toooooeasy), radiation. Other questions were Q12 & Q5, on various things. Q12, know density/volume, light waves, magnetism, electric circuits. Q5 know: Newtons third Law, Vectors/Scalars, Heat transfer, Diffraction, Frequency of a stretched string, Doppler effect, Doping, Transformers, cathode ray-tube

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Do you mean ordinary level or is that higher level?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I'm talking about Ordinary.

Advertisement