Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

javascript help

Options
  • 01-03-2007 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭

Hi FOlks,
    This is driving me potty and i know its a simple solution. Have few local websites I do for free so fairly amateur. My main problem is simple javascript stuff getting that "activex blocked" message at top bar. My problem is this

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/chrome/index.htm

No blocking message yet when I try the codes on my own webpage, it gets blocked so this has me confused, how come the same codes get blocked on my site but not theirs.
    Help please!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

without a link or source is hard to say why.
    You might have something else doing that on the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Have you different security policy in place for your own web page (Internet Explorer properties). Are you hosting on a free webservice that could be injecting HTML (like banner ads, etc.)?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Lads, sorry for harping back on this one but it is driving me bananas. The website I have above is only an example but if I look at the page, it displays no problem and also their example but the minute I download the same onto my pc and have a look, I get the warning info bar about active content so don't understand why it happens sometimes and not others??!! Please help, I know its something really stupid but I am lost on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Have you changed you IE settings for local sites to something silly by any chance ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Tried on my work pc and exact same, I have the same page for both the actual website and then download and load it locally and its only my local one is giving the blockage. Tried same on webserver and same blockage yet code is same. I have sp2 by the way. Is there no way around this thing popping up?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 alphasolutions

Service pack 2 blocks locally run pages until you click on the allow active x bar along the top each time. There is code though that you can embed in the header of every page to stop it happening. It shouldnt happen when the page is online but locally it will unless you put in the code or click on the toolbar every time.

you will find the solution here

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_19542

Advertisement