Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Funeral Clothes

• 01-03-2007 12:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭

Hi I've to go to a funeral tomorrow , I'm not related to the family, what is the normal dress code? Haven't been to a funeral in years so I'm not sure.??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Look tidy and respectable imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

took that for granted.. i dunno sorry stupid question i suppose.. my heads not with it.. thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

some form of black... wear a black tie if you don't have a black suit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

It doesn't have to be black but a solemn colour (aka dull like grey, navy, brown) would be best. Polished shoes and ironed clothes too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,013 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

It doesn't have to be black but a solemn colour
    I agree. Black ties are usually for family or very close friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

Don't wear the seemingly safe black suit, white shirt, black tie combo. It smacks of over enthusiasm for the whole thing unless you're family or a very close friend. You'll also be pestered by ill informed mourners shaking your hand and saying sorry, as they'll assume you're part of the family. Anything neat that avoids vivid colours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

Just avoid trainers and a tracksuit obviously. ANd avoid the Black suit, as il gatto said. You dont have to wear black. Just dark pants/jeans and a smart Jacket, pair of polished shoes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The black clothes thing is very American. Just dress well, neatly, all the usual stuff. I personally like to wear some colour to funerals, especially when I knew the person. Funerals are often as much a celebration as they are a memorial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Go for very dark, subdued colours, but dress well. The second last Beers I was at, was the same cloths that I'd worn to a funeral a week previously.
    Don't wear anything flamboyant, a dull business suit, or a dart shirt and trousers will do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

The second last Beers I was at, was the same cloths that I'd worn to a funeral a week previously.
    Glad to see the Boards Beers is as much fun as I thought:D .

OP, as long as you don't wear anything too bright and sticky-outy, you'll be fine. They won't be really focused on what you wear (unless you're sticking out like a sore thumb).

• Advertisement
Advertisement