Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just sold it !!!

• 01-03-2007 12:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

After 9 replacements machines, and over a year of sh!t from MS I have finally sold my XBox on ebay.

When MS finally fulfill all their promises and stop lying to their customers then I might reinvest and start gaming again. Providing I'm not in Hell doing a little ice skating at the time.:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Were all 9 replacements refurbished machines?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

Sorry to hear you had such a bad run with MS KTRIC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

wow that was some run of bad luck you had there KTRIC and how you stuck if out this far i'll never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

8 refurbs and the final one was new, sold that and got my money back.

I'm really disappointed to be honest, I really liked the Xbox Mk1, the 360 could never fill its boots.

I'll give it a year and see if it matures a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Quick question for ya, when you were sent the 8 refurbs did they ever replace the power supply or were you using the same power supply with all 8?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Well you know that final one prob wouldnt have broke considering it was a new console. The older run consoles are the ones with the problems. You have a lot of patience though to go through 8 returns. I would have demanded a new console or a refund after the second time

GStormcrow wrote:
    Well you know that final one prob wouldnt have broke considering it was a new console. The older run consoles are the ones with the problems. You have a lot of patience though to go through 8 returns. I would have demanded a new console or a refund after the second time

I did demand a new console, but MS have a huge blight in their company and its called "Technical Support" :rolleyes:

The only way I actually got a new one in the end is because I spoke to their HO in the UK. You'd be surprised how easily people will be over when you start speaking to managers and taking names.

No-one wants to take responsibility for anything in MS tech support. I filed a complaint with their HO and several people were sacked in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Wow you just sold a product you suspect is faulty on ebay. How does this make you any better than Microsoft? Are you going to offer the person who bought it a replacement if it breaks down?

Although I sympathise with your problem I just think your a hipocrite to sell it on to someone else.

MikeHoncho wrote:
    Wow you just sold a product you suspect is faulty on ebay. How does this make you any better than Microsoft? Are you going to offer the person who bought it a replacement if it breaks down?

Although I sympathise with your problem I just think your a hipocrite to sell it on to someone else.

What the hell are you on ???

The one I sold was new , I used it for the past 2 months without any issues. When did I say it was faulty ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

If you used it for 2 months before you sold it then why did ya sell it? Its obviously fine, or has the whole experience just put you off the 360, either way that was a tough break for you!

• Advertisement

Im totally confused. You seemed to elude to the fact that the reason you sold your console was due to the problems you had with it. Why then when you have a fully functional console after all the crap you went through would you sell it? Did you not enjoy the actual playing experience? Could you not find any titles you liked?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

MikeHoncho wrote:
    Im totally confused. You seemed to elude to the fact that the reason you sold your console was due to the problems you had with it. Why then when you have a fully functional console after all the crap you went through would you sell it? Did you not enjoy the actual playing experience? Could you not find any titles you liked?

xbox service was his issue not game quality sheesh

xbox service was his issue not game quality sheesh

But he had a fully functiong console surely he wouldnt have to deal with them again! Sheesh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

Sheesh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

MikeHoncho wrote:
    But he had a fully functiong console surely he wouldnt have to deal with them again! Sheesh.

In the end, he wanted out, not a replacement. So when he got his working model he sold it to make back the money he'd lost on it. Sheesh :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

KTRIC wrote:
    After 9 replacements machines, and over a year of sh!t from MS I have finally sold my XBox on ebay.

When MS finally fulfill all their promises and stop lying to their customers then I might reinvest and start gaming again. Providing I'm not in Hell doing a little ice scatting at the time.:rolleyes:

:eek: UGH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭bishop brennan

May i just add something important to this debate after many more calls to Microshaft today,

SHEESH.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

NiSmO wrote:

Yes it did , thanks. When people can't do their jobs and repeatedly lie to customers they shouldn't be doing that job.

I didn't sack them , MS did and it was their own fault, not mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

You're a bunch of steamers..............sheesh!!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

He got rid of a console by a company that continually sent him faulty consoles. So even if they did send a new one it is understandable that he would want to sell it. As for getting people fired, that’s harsh. You do not know if anyone got fired, its mere speculation so blaming the OP for getting someone fired is ridiculous.

Why are people having a go at this guy? He has done nothing wrong?

Sheesh.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

I'm just happy it's over for you (and us!) logging in and seeing you having to return console after console would have put anyone off it.

hell it's odd and I know I wont be the first but mine is still 100% from day one, you just had some bad luck I guess.

Anyway, you gonna get a ps3 now or Wii?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Why do people thing its wrong to report people that aren't doing their jobs. I think its something Irish people don't do enough.

Some people on here seem to be happier knowing a service will be eternally crap rather than trying to get rid of the bad few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

NiSmO wrote:
    if people were sacked it would be because ms decided that they were just that little bit too crap at their jobs, not because a disgruntled customer demanded it. maybe because those people who couldn't do a decent job were sacked new people were employed who were that little bit better at it and other customers with similar problems got a slightly better level of service. additionally, those sacked people might think a bit more about the job they are doing when they get a new one and not be so crap in the future just to keep hold of that job.

the OP has made the world a very tiny bit of a better place because of his actions, so yes I'm sure he does sleep well at night now. especially now his 360 nightmare is over.

jeepers, what's with all the sheeshing dagnammit!
    Kenny 5 wrote:
    You're a bunch of steamers..............sheesh!!! :rolleyes:
    fingers crossed none of them are from cleveland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Been using this almost continually since buying it on ebay (following a failed bid on adverts) from the OP & have to say no problems. Thank you !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mickg007

KTRIC wrote:

When MS finally fulfill all their promises and stop lying to their customers then I might reinvest and start gaming again. Providing I'm not in Hell doing a little ice skating at the time.:rolleyes:

I have just sent back my 3rd console today.

Console #1 = power supply faulty
    Console #2 = Gears of war on 2 different discs 'cannot read disk please clean disk and restart'
    Console #3 = No game would play at all "to play this game please insert it into an Xbox 360 console"

I got the refurbished console #3 back last Wednesday after a 3 week wait. Started it up - faulty.

Not impressed at all - another 3 weeks without it !!!

KTRIC - would you mind giving me the details of who you wrote to or phoned in the UK

Mick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Why didn't you bring it back to the shop for a new one?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mickg007

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Why didn't you bring it back to the shop for a new one?

I did - the 1st console went back to XtraVison, they would not look at the 2nd faulty one as it was past there 30 day return policy :mad:

I think I will ring MS tonight and demand a new one. I dont want someone else's broken console - fixed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

mickg007 wrote:
    I did - the 1st console went back to XtraVison, they would not look at the 2nd faulty one as it was past there 30 day return policy :mad:
    Thats illegal, your 1 year contract is with Xtravision not MS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

True, if the console is faulty then xtra vision should replace it. The 30 day returns policy only applies to working consoles that the customer decides they don't want.

Just kick up a fuss and quote the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act, 1980 - if its faulty its the shops responsibility.

Advertisement