Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish or English COD2 servers.

• 01-03-2007 2:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    Just wondering does anyone know what the best COD2 servers are in Ireland or England? Most of the servers i get connected to are either French or a mix or German and god knows what else.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Fracture wrote:
    Hey all,
    Just wondering does anyone know what the best COD2 servers are in Ireland or England? Most of the servers i get connected to are either French or a mix or German and god knows what else.
    I rarely play on UK servers. And there are no Irish CoD2 servers... All Seeing Eye was the best programme ever to find servers in a specific country however, since Yahoo! bought it, it si no longer possible to filter by continent or country... :mad:

What kind of servers do you like anyway? S&D, TDM, CTF, etc? And do you like with Mods or without (I hate Mods myself...)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

I like s&d, tdm. Im not too sure about much of the other :/ Im pretty new to it all but im pretty good at it tho :) i've been playing cs for 6 yrs. I just love playing first persons. Where do u play?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 iRich

The best public CoD2 server is the "GameServers.net - digitalMind - Toujane only DM" server.

High skilled players (mostly), no nades, no dust, no shotguns. It's the best place to get your skill up and test yourself against good players. It might be hosted in .nl but people from Ireland should ping well to it.

Cool, im willing to try any server atm.
    Whats the ip?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 iRich

82.192.78.82:28900

Sorry i forgot to put in the ip :S Pretty important when your recommending a server :D

• Advertisement

n1 thx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Use X-Fire to find engish/irish servers.

Try this one out...it's english but a lot of us irish guys play on it regularly..

http://www.smeg-clan.co.uk/
    IP: 85.236.100.165
    Port: 28960

It is a CTF only server but good fun. Mainly an older crowd and you can say whatever the hell you want...in fact it is encouraged.

those servers are both 1.3, do i have to download a patch to update to 1.3 or is it a different version?

You still on version 1.0? LOL? :confused:

You need to upgrade to 1.3! But don't just download 1.3 and install. Get 1.01 (although that might be what you already have), 1.2 and 1.3 and install them in chronological order (you may encounter problems otherwise). Then you'll have access to the majority of CoD2 servers! ;)

oh right :/ i just bought the game last week, and how does one install these updates? do i need to unzip them in a certain folder?

• Advertisement

From what I recall they are exes so you just double click on them and it does the rest.

Ludo wrote:
    From what I recall they are exes so you just double click on them and it does the rest.
    That is correct. Simple exe file you need to double click on to run... But again, don't just install 1.3! Start with 1.01 then 1.2 and finally 1.3. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭delos

That is correct. Simple exe file you need to double click on to run... But again, don't just install 1.3! Start with 1.01 then 1.2 and finally 1.3. ;)
    What problems would you encounter by just running 1.3? My son can't connect to any on-line games...

AFAIK, PunkBuster (anti-cheat program) is not actually included in patch 1.3. As a result, installing 1.3 alone will cause problems as Call of Duty 2 will not find PB in the Call of Duty 2 folder and your son will not be able to play on servers online...

And I'm not sure if you can install patch 1.2 before installing patch 1.01 either... As a result I would advise (just to be safe) installing all 3 patches starting with 1.01 (5.52MB) then 1.2 (32.57MB) and finally 1.3 (37.38MB).

All these patches can be downloaded from this page.

Good luck and let us know how you get on! ;)

If you just bought the game last week, does it not include some patches already? I know a version in saw in a shop yesterday included the two new maps which were included in a patch so this to me implies that at least some of the patches are included. When you are on the multiplayer launch screen what version does it say in the bottom left of the screen?

Are you sure your firewall isn't blocking the program from accessing the internet?

Ludo wrote:
    If you just bought the game last week, does it not include some patches already? I know a version in saw in a shop yesterday included the two new maps which were included in a patch so this to me implies that at least some of the patches are included. When you are on the multiplayer launch screen what version does it say in the bottom left of the screen?
    That sounds like Call of Duty 1 to me there Ludo...
    Ludo wrote:
    Are you sure your firewall isn't blocking the program from accessing the internet?
    Possible... However, Delos really needs to provide more details before we can narrow it down. I just assumed his/her son had an issue with the patches...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭delos

Thanks for the help lads. I'm a bit embarrassed to say that I hadn't configured the firewall properly :o I should think before I type. Sorry for wasting your time...

The version we have includes the 2 new multiplayer maps.

Thanks again

Delos

Nah Steffano Call of Duty 2 Game of the year edition is out which has the patches.

NP Delos....hate it when things like that happen. You feel like a right muppet when you realise. Believe me it has happened to us all at some stage whether we admit it or not.

Ludo wrote:
    Nah Steffano Call of Duty 2 Game of the year edition is out which has the patches.
    Which CoD2 maps were not included in the original game? :confused:
    Ludo wrote:
    NP Delos....hate it when things like that happen. You feel like a right muppet when you realise. Believe me it has happened to us all at some stage whether we admit it or not.
    That's never happened to me*!!!

*Then again I wouldn't admit it if it had! :D

Which CoD2 maps were not included in the original game? :confused:

Rhine and harbour...they only came out as part of the first (or was it second) patch to COD2.

• Advertisement

Jaysus! I didn't even notice! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

CoD2 Gurkha Clan Clan Server (www.gurkhaclan.net) running in Dublin datacentre @ 89.234.66.114:28960

You are all more than welcome to visit us :)

We run AWE and stock maps.

Edit: TS Public server running @ 89.234.66.115:8767

OMG! A Dublin based server??? I just pinged it from work and got 7ms! I'll definitly be connecting this evening to p@wn you a bit! hehehe :p

Pity about the MOD though (I despise MODs!)...

Nice one...must try that server myself later also. Agree with you steffano...pity about the mod but what the hell.
    Just connected there to try it out and could only get a consistent 50-60 ping (I'm on BT in the Bray area). Nothing spectacular to be honest....same as ping to UK servers really.

Correction...I had torrents going when I connected there...doh!!! After turning them off, x-fire gives a ping of 21 consistently and in game i get 40-44 consistently...not too bad at all.

Ludo wrote:
    Nice one...must try that server myself later also. Agree with you steffano...pity about the mod but what the hell.
    If only we had our way! :p
    Ludo wrote:
    Correction...I had torrents going when I connected there...doh!!! After turning them off, x-fire gives a ping of 21 consistently and in game I get 40-44 consistently...not too bad at all.
    40~45ms isn't bad at all! I get 50~70 currently between the UK (usualy around 50ms) and the continent (60~70 in France/Germany). I'll see if I can get sub-50ms on this server when I get home.

Then again the server is empty at the moment and it isn't exactly peak time for BB usage so this evening will be a better judge of it.

Ludo wrote:
    Then again the server is empty at the moment and it isn't exactly peak time for BB usage so this evening will be a better judge of it.
    True. Ping is affected by both scenarios. However I have a 1:1 contention ratio with Magnet so only having lots of people connected should truly affect my ping.

I love having a 1:1 contention ratio! My connection is always the same regardless of time of day! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

I can guarantee ping under 30ms for Irish users (not running Torrents :D )

For the mod, it is not heavilly modified, sprint & tripwires mostly ;)

ZeRoY wrote:
    I'll sue if it's not the case! :p
    ZeRoY wrote:
    For the mod, it is not heavilly modified, sprint & tripwires mostly ;)
    LOL! You say "not heavily modified" but I say "a little is too much!". ;) But it's your server and you're paying for it so I'm going to stop complaining and just connect to it to p@wn yo @$$!

• Advertisement

ZeRoY wrote:

HA..not if you are on BT you can't. Current ping to that server is over 200!!!!!

Also it is empty. What time is there usually people on it?

Advertisement