Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Play Asia

• 01-03-2007 11:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering how much the shipping costs to Ireland and does it usually take long for the game to ship here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

depends on what option you pick, there are 4 if I remember.

You can choose between basic airmail, which can take 2 or 3 weeks to come from Hong Kong and you don't get a tracking number, right up to a courier like FedEx which takes a few days and you can track online.

For either expensive or urgent items I would recommend the courier option as it is quick and you can track your item in case it gets lost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Just bear in mind that more expensive postage options can attract more attention from customs. The rule of thumb with play asia is to only order one game at a time. Anyone that i know personally that broke this rule got caught by customs.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I only ever order one game at a time and use the cheapest postage option. I have never had an issue with customs stopping anything yet, even when I ordered the camera which came in a bigger box. But just be prepared to wait a week longer than usual to get your games and be happy that your saving a load of cash in the process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

If the games is ntsc game wont take it as trade in though .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭savemejebus

xtravision will though, and they give the best prices :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

Ive never used anything but the lowest shipping option, about 3 euro i think... never ordered more than one game at a time... never been caught with customs! Delivery has been getting quicker, bout a week including weekend, maybe a little longer which is quite good for the savings!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

RAIN wrote:
    If the games is ntsc game wont take it as trade in though .
    some places Dont spot the NTSC bit on the boxes ;)

Advertisement