Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL and "Chello service"

Options
  • 01-03-2007 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hi. Slight problem here. I moved into an apartment, and found - much to my delight - that the digital tv and broadband connection were paid for. I was expecting this to be discontinued soon after we moved in, but it's been months and everything's still working perfectly - or was. The broadband connection is now not working: it mentions something in the title page as "Managing your chello service" and when I try to continue it asks for a username and SID password. It also advises me to contact NTL to get my SID details. Seeing as I'm not actually paying for this service, I'm not sure if I want to do this.

My question: Is this an NTL thing or a virus or something? I'm quite illiterate when it comes to computers, but anything I've tried doesn't work. Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

Haven't used NTL but at a guess looks like the account has been closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

sanvean wrote:
    Hi. Slight problem here. I moved into an apartment, and found - much to my delight - that the digital tv and broadband connection were paid for. I was expecting this to be discontinued soon after we moved in, but it's been months and everything's still working perfectly - or was. The broadband connection is now not working: it mentions something in the title page as "Managing your chello service" and when I try to continue it asks for a username and SID password. It also advises me to contact NTL to get my SID details. Seeing as I'm not actually paying for this service, I'm not sure if I want to do this.

My question: Is this an NTL thing or a virus or something? I'm quite illiterate when it comes to computers, but anything I've tried doesn't work. Any advice would be appreciated.

This is a no no here. You are stealing from NTL / Chello. Further discussion on this could lead to bad things.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Yep. Probably not "paid for". Just takes them ages to disconnect.

Ring them to open an account if you want it back.

Advertisement