Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So, if I like Yeah Yeah and Exceeder...

• 01-03-2007 11:22am

...after 10 years of doing the whole moving home from the city, working, marriage and getting house/mortgage thing, I'm back on the clubbing circuit. All my music/likes were the stuff of 1988-1994, house, rave,ambient etc. So I was really out of touch, apart from the odd huge hit like Weekend etc.

Within the past year, a new nite club has opened in the town, I know a few fellows who are djing, and the Eastern Europeans have taken over the place with their love of E, dance music and house parties. And, though I don't recognise half the stuff, Mason's 'Perfect/Exceeder' and Bodyrox 'Yeah Yeah' get the whole place heaving. So...

1. Is this the famous 'nu rave', or just standard house these days?
    2. What else should I keep an ear out for?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

If you're looking to get your sweaty mits on some quality up to the minute tunes, to keep the tingling feeling going, check out the Hed Kandi CDs. There's a whole range of them and they cover anything from nasty house music to chilled out tunes.

Al Gibs Freaks on Friday on FM104 7-10pm is a cracking dance show with old skool classics. He generall has the latest new tunes too; I sound like his PR! And he has a playlist of all tunes on the FM104 website.

Mason's Exceeder is outstanding, by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

No, this isn't new rave. I suppose it's electro-house.

They're a bit old (a year or two) but try:
    Alter Ego - Rocker
    Roman Flugel - Geht's Noch
    Coburn - We Interrupt This Program

if you like those two.

Both Yeah Yeah and Exceeder were originally vocal-less tracks (and much better then), same goes for The Egg - Walking Away (Tocadisco Remix).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

silvine wrote:
    Mason's Exceeder is outstanding, by the way.

I beg to differ.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Yeah electro house is the term for it, some really good stuff out there.

Nu-Rave how gay is that term, there can only be one type of like real Rave music and that's Hardcore from 91-93:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭dermoto

plazzTT wrote:
    No, this isn't new rave. I suppose it's electro-house.

They're a bit old (a year or two) but try:
    Alter Ego - Rocker
    Roman Flugel - Geht's Noch
    Coburn - We Interrupt This Program

if you like those two.

Both Yeah Yeah and Exceeder were originally vocal-less tracks (and much better then), same goes for The Egg - Walking Away (Tocadisco Remix).
    Yeah, it was very much electro in ibiza last year. Exceeder, hands up for detroit walking away etc were all huge, kinda sick of em now heard em so much.

If you like that stuff, have a look for some electro

Some good stuff is most tracks remixed by D. Rameriez (Roger Sanchez's Lost D Rameriez remix is good) also Whos who - not so dirty, Concidance - Trentemoeller, me and U - Dumb Dan... Walking on the moog, loads out there. Moving towards jacking house myself lately, but its all good! :) Go to beatport.com or trackitdown.net to see what you like, you dont have to buy there, you can always go elsewhere/buy the CD, but they have previews of all tracks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Seeing as one half of Bodyrox "Yeah Yeah" is Jon Pearn (Full Intention w/ Michael Gray) this could be classed as electro house. Jon Pearn is putting out a high amount of quality tunes in this genre so you'd probably enjoy some of his solo stuff as well. There's also Michael Gray, who has yet to put a foot wrong IMO, with the stuff he has released and he's due to release a album sometime in April.. House is definitely making a comeback!!!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Electro House seems to hvae really taken off over the past while. I've alwyas been a 'strictly house' kinda guys but now I'm really getting into electro. I was actually thinking of posting a similar thread looking for electro recommendations. Can anyone that knows a bit about electro post some exampes of tunes / producers / dj's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Zascar, you can't go wrong with a bit of Ferry Corsten...

Sebastian lerger does so good stuff. Like bad clock and hit girl. I likes them so i do :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

dermoto wrote:
    Sebastian lerger does so good stuff. Like bad clock ...

Hmmm, a bit hard given the OPs preference. Bad clock is a good tune alright - I dream of remixing it into a bass heavy monster some day...

Anyways, if you're searching for him its actually "Sebastien Leger" :)

• Advertisement

jimi_t wrote:
    Anyways, if you're searching for him its actually "Sebastien Leger" :)

Yeah, i knew i spelled it wrong, i was just lazy! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Stiva

search for the cd sneakerz 2, it is a dutch cd coming out today but already found on the internet. there is some nice electro house in it... for example dada life - great fashionista swindle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭cheesemaker

try the likes of modeselektor,john dahlback,tiga,switch or steve angello......
    or anything on Kitsune,ed banger,modular,Bpitch contol or International deejay gigalo is always spot on.electro elements are in most house/techno you'l find lately so the should be loads eb everywhere:)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Stiva wrote:
    search for the cd sneakerz 2, it is a dutch cd coming out today but already found on the internet. there is some nice electro house in it... for example dada life - great fashionista swindle
    Listening to it now, great stuff, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Nedrac

Its not mixed by me, its got a decent broad track selection. I think it was recorded this time last year.
    Pick a few artist that you like and go from there is what i suggest.

I really like Mason Exceder but as plazzTT said the accapella ruins it, much like david guetta vs. the egg is ruined by the vocal.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XDYWEO1D

Tracklist:
    Tom Vek - If You Want (Playgroup dub)
    Teenage Bad Girl - Hands of a Stranger
    Hot Chip - Over and Over (Dangerflirt Edit)
    **** Robot - Wrong Galaxy
    Goldfrapp - Ride a White Horse (Serge Santiago Re-edit)
    Parker Frisby - Weil Ich In Einer Stadt Aufwache, Die Niemals Schlaft
    Jesse Rose - You're All Over My Head
    The Knife - Like a Pen
    Erotic Discourse - Erotic Discourse
    Depeche Mode - Shake The Disease (Tiga remix)
    Tigerskin - Neontrance
    The Shock - Manhattan (Einmusik remix)
    Fall Out Boy - Dance, Dance (Tommie Sunshine Brooklyn Fire & Brimstone Dub)
    Moby - Where You End (Tiga's All I Need is to be Sampled mix)
    Simian Mobile Disco - The Count (Dangerflirt Edit)
    Cajuan - Dance / Not Dance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭gottahavehouse

personally my favourite electro house producer at the moment has to be steve angello followed by tocadisco. d. ramirez is a great remixer but tocadisco has the best remixes. i.e his remix of mylo in my arms is brilliant, get the steve angello mix of geht's noch. dirty south are very good aswell for remixes. has anyone heard the white label of human leagues dont u want me by chris punk its absolutely brilliant i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

I have to reply to this threa.
    For years ive been into trance and the newish genre, prog trance (markus schulz, g&d) but since my last year in Germany, I have really really got into electro house..
    Alter Ego - Rocker (prydz mix) is just amazing
    Steve Angello - Voices
    Exceeder is also great..Im not one for cheesy vocals like benny banassi for example but the vocal version of exceeder is pretty frickin cool..

Maybe a thread for the best electro house tunes would be useful??

Tiesto wrote:
    Maybe a thread for the best electro house tunes would be useful??

Good Idea... Here is it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Sorry lads but tbh this is just what sounds like run of the mill house music your talking about here, not "electro house" as the press are calling it, house and electro are two completely different genres, sounding nothing like most of the tracks your talking about here.....

If your looking for Electro - try artists such as Johannes Heil, Dr Lektroluv, Anthony Rother, Billy Nasty, Hacker, Alexander Kowalski etc.....

That word Electro House is just one of these made up genres by the press, im not giving out what type of music you listen to at all or having a go, but its not electro, tis just house music.....

Nu-rave (as NME call it!) is basically indie music with Electronic-sounding bits on top of it, with mainly bands like the Klaxxons, CSS etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

Fieldog wrote:
    Sorry lads but tbh this is just what sounds like run of the mill house music your talking about here, not "electro house" as the press are calling it, house and electro are two completely different genres, sounding nothing like most of the tracks your talking about here.....

If your looking for Electro - try artists such as Johannes Heil, Dr Lektroluv, Anthony Rother, Billy Nasty, Hacker, Alexander Kowalski etc.....

That word Electro House is just one of these made up genres by the press, im not giving out what type of music you listen to at all or having a go, but its not electro, tis just house music.....

Nu-rave (as NME call it!) is basically indie music with Electronic-sounding bits on top of it, with mainly bands like the Klaxxons, CSS etc...

wikipedia begs to differ
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electro_house ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Who wrote that? Hed Kandi? lol

Wiki is written by Joe Public though isnt it?

:rolleyes:

Advertisement