Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SQL Query - Need advise

Options
  • 01-03-2007 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi All,

Im a novice to SQL. So any help will be appreciate.

I have a table (tblQuotes) which contains a couple of columns. The ones Im trying to query are
    • QuoteID
    • ItemDescription
    • Supplier
    • SupplierCode

Except for ItemDescription the rest of the fields are in dropdowns. The form fields are called
    • ddQuoteID
    • txtItemDesc
    • ddSupplier
    • ddSupplierCode

I need to be able to create a query that will allow for every variation possible of selection.

Any help guys:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

What do you mean by "I need to be able to create a query that will allow for every variation possible of selection. "?

Is it just that you want to put the QuoteID, Supplier and SupplierCode into select boxes??

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭The Mighty Dubs

What do you mean by "I need to be able to create a query that will allow for every variation possible of selection. "?

Is it just that you want to put the QuoteID, Supplier and SupplierCode into select boxes??

Sorry getting ahead of myself a little here. basically I have QuoteID, Supplier and SupplierCode in drop down boxes and itemdesc in a textbox. What i need is an SQL query that will allow the user to select any of the drop downs and enter in a descriptive into the itemdesc field (or not as the case maybe) and the results to yield back whatever the choices made warrants...
    Is this any clearer?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 keeffe2001

Whats the programming language you are using?

basically your looking at making up a sql string query by pulling values from the three drop downs

example if i had a name textbox

str sql = "Select * from tblPeople where firstName = '" & txtName.text & "';"

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭The Mighty Dubs

I am using ASP & VBScript. Yes I will be looking to do something along those lines alright. I have tried all sort of combinations using "And" , "OR" but one always seems to cancel the other out.

Advertisement