Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March Listings Plus Mcgruders St Patricks Day Line Up...

Options
  • 01-03-2007 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

MARCHBLURBGRAPHIC-1.jpg

MARCH

Firstly a huge thanks to anyone that made it down to witness the madness that was Duoteque last week. Possibly the best guests we have ever had, the energy from the start was intense and as the club filled the music really started to boil and by 1 o clock the place was uncontrollably wild to the point of frenzy. Serious show from the lads and a great show of support from the Acii crew too, to all we salute!

You can view the pics here –
    http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/aciidisco...hpDWXGBViLTA1Pr

Anyhoo, moving on into March now and not long until the biggest piss up of the year St Patricks day! We have lots more in the way of talent this month to keep the good times rolling and kicking things off this week is none other than JAY "disaster" GROGAN. Jay has been regular at the night for some time and has recently started up his own Friday night project MK3 alongside Dar Humphries and 515 resident Diggers. He is renowned for his antics on and off the decks and has been known to play a mix up of everything from chunky minimal to twisted acid house and beyond! Support this week will come from resident David Hargadon.

The following week we welcome more of MK3 crew as DAR HUMPHRIES plays a main set, support will come from Brian Cairns. St Patrick’s day we will open at the earlier time of 10 o clock to host the Mixed Salad after party with the return of aussie maestro and production genius KRIECE taking to the helm, support comes from resident Jonathan Woods. We will also have our first lot of designer Acii Disco T Shirts on sale that night as well as 100 Free mix Cds to give away to the frist 100 people in the door! The following week we welcome from Switzerland OLEG TROSHOCK to the club as we take part in another international club swap, support comes from resident Al Keegan who will play two dates in Zurich in May to return the favour. Finally at the end of the month we will have another resident’s night as the lads play together for another all night back to back special.

To come along free of charge to see Jay Grogan and David Hargadon simply answer this question –

Who is playing Acii Disco on St Patricks Day?

Mail all answers to alkeegan994@hotmail.com

Plus dont forget that St Patricks day will see the return of the ever polular MIXED SALAD parties at McGruders Thomas Street. Hers the spiel -

It will be one year to the day on St Patricks day that the first ever indoor McGruders party took place, on the day over 600 people showed up for what was no doubt one of the most amazing parties i have ever had the pleasure of putting together! It was a real suprise to see so many people show up and even better to find out how well the inside of the venue worked for such events, we even had 2 international guests that day! Brilliant! Anyway this year the party will go ahead again with more in the way of local guests over 2 floors. We will be doing it a little different this time around and making some small changes to hopefully make it a much better day for everyone. I will be moving the DJs from the conservatory into the bar area to make the garden more accessable and i will be keeping the music in the bar as warm and as friendly as possible with DJs there playing anything from 80s classics to new chart hits and feel good party tunes for most of the day, i feel this will give the party something a little bit extra for the day thats in it! I mean who doesnt like getting pissed and making a complete tit of themselves while dancing to cheesy party tunes? Anyway the upstairs room will stay the same with a mash up of DJs from around Dublin. Expect a much tougher bag here with anything from house to breaks to techno taking place on the day! Doors will open at 1pm and Admission will be 10 euros. Music will stop at 10.30pm / 11.00pm with an after party in Acii Disco that night when Kriece returns! All in all i think it should be another really amazing party! I do hope some of you can make it down! The line up looks like this -

DOWNSTAIRS BAR
    Conner Feeny
    Lisa Moore
    Mardiva
    Jay Brwon
    Gav Feeny
    Nic James
    Dave O Loughlinn
    Mark Alton

UPSTAIRS CLUB
    A.O
    Eddie Brennan
    Acii Disco DJs
    Philth
    Barry Redsetta
    Simon F
    Arveene
    Al Keegan

Acii Disco
    Every Saturday night at The HUB, Eustace st, Temple bar.
    House / Electro / Acid and Tech House
    Residents Al Keegan. Jonathan Woods. Brian Cairns. David Hargadon.
    We Like – Deep. Chuggy. Techy. Twisted. Groovy. Jackin. Pumpin.
    Visuals by Aron Dulla
    Doors 11.30 Adm e10./ e7 Student

Forthcoming – Kriece. Oleg Troshock. Rob Mooney. Perc

Advertisement