Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

resource teaching

Options
  • 01-03-2007 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

hi,

Can anyone tell me how I can find out if my son would be entitled to resource teaching. He has been diagnosed with Attention Deficit disorder and is having real difficulties with maths. I have queried this with his teacher but am still waiting on a reply .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭seastar

See Circular 02/05 on www.sess.ie for details on what children are entitled to based on their assessed needs. If your child has a diagnosis of ADHD he is entitled to between 3 and 5 hours of resource teaching per week and may be entitled to the support of an SNA. The school must apply to the SENO (Special Educational Needs Organiser) for these resources. The psychologist who assessed him should be able to support you with finding out this and any further information.
    Good luck with it.

Advertisement