Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flying to Dublin for Lunch - Where to go?

• 01-03-2007 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

Am flying from Leeds to Dublin next wednesday to meet mammy for lunch in Dublin for a few hours. We are looking to go somewhere that has a reasonable lunch menu, 2-3 courses. Not Chinese, Indian or Thai, just 'normal' food (if you get what i mean, mammy's fussy!). Any ideas? City centre if possible. Had a look at the Gresham menu, €25 for 3 courses, anybody tried it?

Many thanks,
    Floss

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭nodger

Rolys Bistro, Ballsbridge. I think it's about €25-30 for a 3 course lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

nodger wrote:
    Rolys Bistro, Ballsbridge. I think it's about €25-30 for a 3 course lunch.

Rolys is Ballsbridge, tbh isnt that nice, its quite mass produced due to big turn over....

You could try Bewleys on Grafton Street,there s a resterant upstairs that is lovely plus very central.... granted its food is the same as the above in that the turn over is very high howevr it doesnt feel like it as every plate doesnt look the same, also its very yummy and the selection is very good and the price is very reasonable :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

for 35 quid you could eat in guiebalds(sp?) two michellen stared restraunt in d2.

exclent for the money, if ya can get a seat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Seaneh wrote:
    for 35 quid you could eat in guiebalds(sp?) two michellen stared restraunt in d2.

exclent for the money, if ya can get a seat.

Patrick Guilbaud's?

Yea true, the lunch is lovely. It is three courses for €30, great food and service.

But i'm not sure if it would satisfy the "fussy mammy" in question! You would need to have the palette to enjoy the food if you know what i'm getting at? She may like the meat in question for example but would she like trimmings, starters etc which can be quite fancy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

It's now e47 for three courses in Guilbauds. OP, Peploes would be good. Brought my mother there and she loved it, reasonably priced by Dublin standards and good food. Can be very busy but still that makes a good atmosphere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Peploes lunch is very good value for the quality all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭flossie

Ended up going to Brasserie 66 on Great Gorge Street - very good and highly recommend ;)

Advertisement