Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

home alarm problem

Options
  • 01-03-2007 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

hey lads,
    i moved into my house a number of year ago and it has an aritech home alarm system. now ive never really used this alarm and have long forgotten the security code. dont know the engineer code either

anyways the problem is that it is giving a low battery warning and the alarm on the outside is beeping every two minutes. the original plan was to wait for the battery to eventually die, but there seems to be a lot of life left in it yet! its slowly driving me nuts, and id say the neighbours must be getting fairly irritated too.

what can i do? as i never use it i dont mind dismantling it but worried in case i may set the alarm off. cheers for any info. niall

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Your panel will need to be reset and new codes programmed in to it. I would advise getting a alarm tech in to do this for you. If you remove the cover yourself it will go off and you won't be able to turn it off with no code.
    It also sounds like your bellbox has a tamper problem if it is chirping every few minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

aritech cs350 default eng code is 1278
    Try that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

IF you really want to kill the alarm Nial you need to flick the fuse the alarm is connected to which in my one is the heating. IF it is connected to the heating fuse this will not be a long term solution and will need to be disconnected totally inside the alarm panel and connecters put on to stop you getting a bang:D . Because even though your getting a low battery warning I am presuming its still getting juice which means the beeping will probably never stop. My HKC will beep at the keypad if the juice goes off and its running off battery power. In all honesty you are probably better off popping the cover off the panel and sticking in a new battery but I am thinking you are still going to need to get into engineer mode to clear the low battery warning and stop the beeping(cant be 100% sure). IF this is the case you will need the installation manual to reprogram it after to clear the settings back to default.
    What you have probably got is a good house alarm system that would cost you €500-600 to get installed so what I would suggest if your not up to the job get someone out to fix it. IF your in Dublin and need a number pm me as my brother is a qualified+ registered electrician and alarm installer. IF not him you should definitely have a search around boards as I am sure there is plenty of people who could recommend some one.

Cubix

Advertisement