Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premier League 2007 - Week 5 (Includes Taylor V Barney)

• 01-03-2007 2:04pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Here is what I think will happen in tonight's Darts:

Adrian Lewis V Roland Scholten

Lewis had a shocker last week as he was hammered by Priestley 8-1 which is the biggest ever winning margin in Premier League history. He showed everyone just why he wont win a major title any time soon as Priestley's slow play totally disrupted Lewis. The crowd were all up for Priestley as well which Lewis just couldn't deal with. I don't think it will be the same tonight though as Scholten is a fast thrower which will suit Lewis. Scholten has seriously been struggling to find form in recent weeks and sits on the bottom of the league. I cant see that changing tonight.

Verdict: Lewis to win.

Dennis Priestley V Colin Lloyd

Priestley has been the surprise package so far this season as he sits top of the league and hammered Adrian Lewis last week. He is such a deliberate and consistent player that he will never be rolled over in a match and he seems to really be up for this league and playing some good darts. Lloyd is having trouble with his form but has upped his form a little in recent weeks. He picked up his first win of the league last week which will give him confidence. If he can reach his high standards of 100+ averages he will win but I don't think he will reach that standard.

Verdict: Priestley to win in a very close match.

Terry Jenkins V Peter Manley

Terry Jenkins finally showed us all how good he is when he averaged 102 in last weeks match against Barney. He is finally getting used to the big crowds and looks to be in terrific form. Manley is struggling a little bit as he got a beating by Taylor last week. Interesting to note that Manley has yet to average as high as Jenkins lowest average of the league so far. I feel that Jenkins has too much in the scoring department for Manley. Jenkins doubles can sometimes let him down but he seems to be in good form in all aspects of his game.

Verdict: Jenkins to win and to score more 180's

Raymond Van Barneveld V Phil Taylor

Barney has been playing the best darts of his life in recent months and has beaten Taylor the last two times they have played, the most recent being a 3-0 whitewash at the Masters of Darts. He has averaged over 107 in his last two matches and has been scoring 180's by the bucket load. Taylor is going through a very rough period as he tires to adjust to his new way of playing. He has averaged over 100 only once in the Premier League so far and is the underdog for the first time in 17 years. You can never write a determined Taylor off but Barney has everything going for him at the moment. If he starts well he will win.

Verdict: Barney to win and to score more 180's

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

Results

Adrian Lewis 6-8 Roland Scholten
    Dennis Priestley 8-5 Colin Lloyd
    Terry Jenkins 8-5 Peter Manley
    Raymond van Barneveld 6-8 Phil Taylor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Shane190

brilliant come back by taylor..:D:D

Advertisement