Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Community Relations

Options
  • 01-03-2007 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

I am not sure if this is the appropriate area for this thread but I am the Ethnic Liason Garda for the Clondalkin area. At the moment we have a monthly meeting with members from the African and Eastern European Communities however there has never been a forum for members of the local Chinese Community to liase with the local Gardai. Even though there seems to be a large number of chinese people living in the area. I am trying to organise a chinese community group for the area where local chinese can raise issues or any concerns they have, learn more about the Gardai and what we do and hopefully develop a trust between the Gardai and themselves which will encourage people to come to us to report crimes or problems they may have. I am just wondering would anyone have any suggestions on how I should advertise for the group, I mean I know there is a chinese newspaper aimed at chinese people living in Ireland. Would anyone know how to contact them in relation to placing advertisments? Even better if there are any chinese people living in the Clondalkin area who are interested in the group let me know. I'd appreciate any opinions on the matter, particularly from chinese people.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

Good to see proactiveness in the Force. Fair play to ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

TheNog wrote:
    Good to see proactiveness in the Force. Fair play to ye.

what he said,

keep up the good work ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭rivers

I will try to get you the contact imformation for the paper from some chinese friends in dublin, if thats any help to you? Im in china, learning chinese and would like to lend a hand if ya want it when i return.

hope it works out for you. ill let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭SpongeBob2000

Fair plays u. I am living in Clondalkin for over 7 years. never heard anything like that. They are 2 main Chinese newspaper in Irland right now. One is Shingemerald. tele:01-8733993. one is newspress; tele: 8788788. If you need more, let me know.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭snakeater

Thanks for all the positve replies everyone. Just to keep people updated, some people have sent me PMs which will really help me get things started. Furthermore we are in the process of setting up a open day at the station for the different Ethnic Groups in Clondalkin, which will be sometime in April. Although I'd say that will be more children orientated, it really depends on who is interested in going. Ideally I'd like people to come along who might be interested in a career in the Garda Siochana so they can see how we operate on a day to day basis and we can answer any questions they have. It's great to see there is an interest in setting up a group. Hopefully it will be beneficial to the local chinese community and the Gardai. I'll keep everyone updated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭SpongeBob2000

snakeater wrote:
    Thanks for all the positve replies everyone. Just to keep people updated, some people have sent me PMs which will really help me get things started. Furthermore we are in the process of setting up a open day at the station for the different Ethnic Groups in Clondalkin, which will be sometime in April. Although I'd say that will be more children orientated, it really depends on who is interested in going. Ideally I'd like people to come along who might be interested in a career in the Garda Siochana so they can see how we operate on a day to day basis and we can answer any questions they have. It's great to see there is an interest in setting up a group. Hopefully it will be beneficial to the local chinese community and the Gardai. I'll keep everyone updated.

I'm interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tippumu

Hi, did these event go ahead with?
    I am Chinese and new in Ireland alive in Clondalkin. I would much like to meet with member of community and irish people.

Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭snakeater

Hello, yeah the event still hasn't been organised yet, at the moment there will be a muticultural day at the station which is planned for around May the 16th. I'll keep everyone informed when I get the exact date.

Advertisement