Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GoW XBL moaners and groaners

• 01-03-2007 3:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭

I've noticed on a lot of forums people moaning about flaw's in GoW xbl play.

"Bullet lag" "shotgun too powerful" etc etc etc

Does anyone here find problems with GoW on xbl?

I hadn't really noticed any of the problems untill I started to pay more attention after reading some of the post's is GoW xbl really that bad?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭nellieswellies

Loads of glitches where people drop out of the playable area of the maps and dont get killed, its a bit of a pain becaus you have have to wait for the clock to run down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Yeah let me list what I have found.

1. Running with the chainsaw revved
    2. Jumping out of a playable area on any given map (except Raven Down I haven't seen pone on there yet)
    3. Apparently the host shotgun is more powerful than everyone elses.
    4. A block in the Grave Yard map that you can shoot through.
    5. Running while shooting.
    6. To be Continued.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

I don't think the host shotgun is more powerful, it's just lag on your part. If ye both hit the trigger at the same time for example his would hit you first. The glitchers are pretty annoying though, especially that run and shoot one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

What's the run and shoot glitch? I think I might have encountered it once, but it seemed more like the guy was moving in a constant crouch rather then doing the roadie run.

I don't like the shotgun since the first or so update, the game seemed very even and then all of a sudden everyone is just using the shotgun non-stop. Every weapon should really have a weakness and ever since they upped the range on the shotgun, well, it's just a bit too good imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Yeah the shotgun p*sses me off sometimes. I use a pistol :P.

The crouch and run glitch has a play crouch run and shoot their weapon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

What's the run and shoot glitch? I think I might have encountered it once, but it seemed more like the guy was moving in a constant crouch rather then doing the roadie run.

I don't like the shotgun since the first or so update, the game seemed very even and then all of a sudden everyone is just using the shotgun non-stop. Every weapon should really have a weakness and ever since they upped the range on the shotgun, well, it's just a bit too good imo.
    Yep, the shotgun is ridiculous. I just use the lancer, as i like the range it has and i can nail pretty much anyone with the chainsaw up close, but it really f*cks me off when ALOT of people i play with go 'its a noob weapon, use a bloody shotgun', and im like, oh yeah ill use a shotgun and be just like everyone else running around blasting without even aiming at people and getting lucky kills, cause thats not noobish at all. Seriously, you dont even need to aim with it, just point it at someone, fire, and youll score a headshot, it takes the piss.

EDIT
    now THIS is a gow hack...

Advertisement