Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gold Investment

• 01-03-2007 3:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

Firends;

Any one do investment in Gold??

What do you think about it? How someone can start this kind of investment

Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭PDelux

streetTRACKS Gold shares, ticker GLD, tracks gold at a 1:10 ratio so its an inexpensive way to get into it.

http://finance.google.com/finance?q=GLD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 nusername

Personally I'd stay away from shares, if there is a meltdown they won't be worth ****, at least with metals your still holding them.
    With the iran situation & volatile energy prices the stock market is looking increasingly dangerous.

If you want to invest in the metals & your not interested in profit taking on the dips your better off going physical.
    www.gold.ie let you buy physical, you can either have the metals shipped to you or you can choose to have it stored in the Perth mint in australia. If you store it at the mint you can sell for spot whenever you feel like it.

The metals got hammered on friday, especially silver, now at $12.82 so now might be a good time to get in.

Check out http://goldismoney.info/forums/ for more info on different ways to invest, loads to read up on here, remember, it's your investment, don't piss it away, do your research, any clown can tell you how to make money, usually it won't work!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

nusername wrote:
    Personally I'd stay away from shares,
    That's a bit like saying you should stay away from food because you dislike cauliflower. It's a statement I only ever see from those who lost money because they didn't understand what they were investing in.
    if there is a meltdown they won't be worth ****, at least with metals your still holding them.
    And what are you going to do with your worthless metal - eat it?

People should first take the time to understand what they are investing in and not rush in on the back of others advice (goes for all asset classes).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 nusername

hmmm wrote:
    That's a bit like saying you should stay away from food because you dislike cauliflower. It's a statement I only ever see from those who lost money because they didn't understand what they were investing in.
    I never bought a share in my life, never will, the info from posters telling him to invest in such & such fund could well be valid, I don't know, personally I hate losing money so would prefer to hold something physical, rather than a *note* that says I'm owed something. I dunno, whatever your into, whatever floats your boat.

Nothing to do with cauliflower either, I just don't trust currencies backed by thin air!!!

hmmm wrote:
    And what are you going to do with your worthless metal - eat it?
    If we get to that stage it's game over, if not, a chunk of gold or silver will be worth a hell of a lot more than paper that says you own X amount of shares. Last man standing and all that ;)

hmmm wrote:

People should first take the time to understand what they are investing in and not rush in on the back of others advice (goes for all asset classes).
    Agreed 100%, be very careful OP, there is alot of ****ty advice floating about.

Advertisement