Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flame (world cup 90)??

Options
  • 01-03-2007 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Anyone know where i can download the Irish theme song for world cup 90?
    I think it was called 'the flame' and sung by Horslips :confused:
    It was to the tune of 'we didn't start the fire' by billy joel

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

wexford 96 hurling song used billy joels song, or least some of it, wexford song was called dancing at the crossroads

the put them under pressure italia song used the guitar riff from horselip's dearg dhom (sp)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

Crikey, I remember those songs and all the craic during Italia '90 (I was only 9!!)

So, after extensive research :rolleyes: I managed to find this page on Wikipedia.....The Game

Like it says "The Game is a lyrical adaptation of Billy Joel's song "We Didn't Start the Fire" by The Memories which had the words change to highlight Ireland's run in the 1990 World Cup."

And i found this aswell........

The Game by The Memories

even though it's more of a clip show of Irish soccer rather than just footage from the 1990 World Cup. Still great though :)

and

Put 'em under pressure No video this time, just the song! This is the one that sampled Horslips.

Hope some of this comes in handy.

//edit. Just found this. Had to include it.

There'll be no Alf tonight!! :D

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be :D

Advertisement