Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which is the coolest bar/club in Dub today?

Options
  • 01-03-2007 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭

hey guys
    I'm quite disappointed about some popular places in Dub recently, I need help to find the will to party all night again ;)
    I was at the Odeon, at Cafe en Seine and also Porter house and Bar code (just to give few names) and the good vibe that I got from them is gone... :confused:
    So i wonder which is the coolest place in Dublin at the moment, just give me your opinion and I'll give it a try :)
    I don't mind to pay to get in, I just want a cool bar/club with decent music and good booze...and few hotties shaking around me :p

just kidding...:p

waiting for new ideas

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭g-punkteffekt

well, if it's music so loud you can't talk, pretentious blokes dressed up in metrosexual outfits, women that look at you like you're an insane homeless person vomitting on her shoes, overpriced flat beer, awful guinness etc. that you're looking for, than the places mentioned would be where it's at.

The coolest pubs in Dublin as far as I'm concerned are places like The Stag's Head, The Cobblestone, Bowe's and Mulligans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

what is cool?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Grogans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭g-punkteffekt

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Judging by where you said you used to like, you need to get yourself down to Krystal on Harcourt st. Its the latest IT place to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭cousin_borat

Grogans.
    sad spot for scruffy Trinity English students and dirty oul men

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

92, kyrstal, raynards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

well, if it's music so loud you can't talk, pretentious blokes dressed up in metrosexual outfits, women that look at you like you're an insane homeless person vomitting on her shoes, overpriced flat beer, awful guinness etc. that you're looking for, than the places mentioned would be where it's at.

The coolest pubs in Dublin as far as I'm concerned are places like The Stag's Head, The Cobblestone, Bowe's and Mulligans.

My language.

You speak it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i only recently discovered the viper rooms and have to say i loved the place, great atmosphere and a more mature crowd. another club i love is d2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I also agree. The most godawful of places. It must be what hell is like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

sad spot for scruffy Trinity English students and dirty oul men

Well then you should probably stick to Cafe En whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

It's not where you are, but who you are with. You can be in a great place, but by yourself and with less than lively company and it is not great. On the other hand, you can be in a complete dive, but be with a good gang of lively people and have a great night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Have to fully agree with Flukey.
    It's not where you are, but who you are with...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

I quite like Messrs Maguire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

hogans? that used to be cool enough in my day ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

yeah Messrs is good, and when they close you can then take your drinks into q-bar as they stay open an extra 30 mins or so... noice! =P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Anyone been to the new nightclub in The Portobello? "Rain"

In the basement where Temptation (what a hellhole) used to be and was opened on Friday by none other than Coronation Street's Tina O'Brien (Sarah Platt).

If you are from outside the Pale and like to wear your county GAA colours of a night out, I believe its the hotspot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Truer words were never said.

It's clear these people are lacking in some area of life, and this must offer them some, small, sad consolation.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Traffic FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Solas and the village on wexford st are great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

jdivision wrote:
    Solas and the village on wexford st are great

Both are very good. Although recently the village has had a lot of D4 types creeping into it.

Sin é is a great spot on the quays. 100% great crowd, 0% pretentiosness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Lads, Lads, Lads!

Now I like the best of both worlds....real pubs, none of this fancy trainers sh*t...down there for dancing, up here for thinking!!

O'Donohoes on suffolk st and baggot st., great spots...Stags Head, Bowe's, Mulligans, Sinnots, place accross the road from The Market Bar, name escapes me...decent spots.

But I like me clubbing too!

Sure when the pub is winding down, and the chatting up isn't happening, the clubs yar only man!!

Now I'll tell you, half of them are sh*te and the rest are all the same, so it doesn't really matter where you go, D2, Redz or Coppers or somewhere like that if you're after more than just a kiss, Ireland is great at putting together pubs...there's no better country better in the world...and they all have replica Irish pubs because of it.....but we havn't really got the hang of putting together clubs yet...

But I'll tell ya, maybe it was because I was never there before, I was with a great crowd of lads and I was expecting the place to be a load of c0ck (because the main bar is) but down stairs in Dandelines (sp?) just across from the luas there on stephens green...great craic it was!! Big club aswell! Havn't been back since, that was about a month ago, i'll have to wander down there again soon...and there's always howl at the moon if you feel like being a sardine for the night...I tell ya, if there was a fire in that place!! Stardust eat yar heart out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

cast_iron wrote:

It's clear these people are lacking in some area of life, and this must offer them some, small, sad consolation.

you are boring me... yawn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

Clubs in Dublin are all rubbish...Cafe En Seine and that wino place on Leeson St. full of blondes and perverts are dreadful...Renards looks like the 7th circle of Hell, not to mention the dreaded Lillies...

I'll stick to Doyle's and Messers, thanks. Music in Doyle's upstairs is usually good and downstairs is good for a bit of chat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭louisecm

Oof, Dandelion is so bad it pains me. If you're looking for dance then Wax is the best I reckon, Ri Ra is good craic and The Gaiety is brilliant - loads of different rooms with different music. One with charty if you want that - one with kind of 60s soul (my fave) and then theres 2 bands playing two different types of music (changes every week, sometimes salsa sometimes jazz sometimes rock). The Gaiety is good for the kind of 21+ I reckon but if you want to hang around a load of Southside wannabes who are too busy checking themselves out to enjoy themselves then I reckon you wouldn't like it at all. Same goes for Ri Ra and Wax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

baztard wrote:
    Sin é is a great spot on the quays. 100% great crowd, 0% pretentiosness.

Actually, i was in there about 2 weeks ago, and as i had gone out straight from work i got all sorts of looks for not being dressed like 90% of the people in there. :D

I found the irony to be quite delicious.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

louisecm wrote:
    Oof, Dandelion is so bad it pains me. If you're looking for dance then Wax is the best I reckon, Ri Ra is good craic and The Gaiety is brilliant - loads of different rooms with different music. One with charty if you want that - one with kind of 60s soul (my fave) and then theres 2 bands playing two different types of music (changes every week, sometimes salsa sometimes jazz sometimes rock). The Gaiety is good for the kind of 21+ I reckon but if you want to hang around a load of Southside wannabes who are too busy checking themselves out to enjoy themselves then I reckon you wouldn't like it at all. Same goes for Ri Ra and Wax.

rogue is the new wax, baacklash moved there last year with much the crowd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

cast_iron wrote:

Wait a consolation for being richer than you?

Where's your issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Wait a consolation for being richer than you?

Where's your issue?
    That pretty much sums up Cafe en Seine punters - "I claim to be richer than you".

Clearly, financial status means alot to you, when it's all you have to insult me with. Newsflash, most people don't consider "appearing wealthy" the be all and end all of life.
    It's generally accepted that most of those in Cafe en Seine and such are people are laiden with debt and living beyond their means (think how many use credit cards in there) and "looking" good means more to them than anyone else.

Get over yourselves.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

Different strokes for different folks eh? Dude, wherever you're having a good night is the cool spot. If you're happy high-nosing it with the Café en Seine crowd then go for it. If you want to diss them then head to wherever the poster above me is going!

IMO, go to the place where they play your preferred music or the place that gives nice drinks at a reasonable price. That's the coolest bar IMO which for me lately is WAX

Advertisement