Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registering a .ie, what are my options

Options
  • 01-03-2007 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

(This post has nothing to do with costs, or which companies I can register sites with)

Hi all,
    I am working on a website for a friend who owns a company called ShowerDoorsDirect. I previously helped him with ShowerDoorsDirect.ie, and based on the success of that site he wants to sell Baths Online as well. He wants to register a .ie as its a company that exclusively trades in Ireland, but the IEDR state that he is only entitled to register his company name. Are there any options for registering BathsDirect, or WhirlPoolsDirect or whatever? He doesn't want to start another company for this website, as that includes all the usual complications and expenses.

Any suggestions are welcome,

Thanks in advance,

Des

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Register a registered business name with the CRO - this will cost about €20

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭destraynor

Nice one, thanks.

I presume you register a business name, and affiliate it with the real company through the CRO, or am I miles off?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Basically there are two types of registered business names. One is for an individual the other is for an LTD. You can do it all online using the CRO's online filing system and simply print off the signature page and send in the cheque :)

It's really quite painless :)

Advertisement