Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domain transfer from German host

Options
  • 01-03-2007 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi
    I'm looking to transfer a number of domains from a German company www.1und1.com

They are
    .ch
    .de
    .eu
    .mobi
    .at

The person who has them in his name is a contractor in our company so we want to transfer ownership to one of our permanent employees. He says there is no way to transfer except using "standard procedure".

I checked www.godaddy.com and they recommend using domain agents and only do certain extensions. www.eurodns.com recommend making a bid for an owned domain through afternic but the minimum bid is $200.

Has anyone had experience of doing this and could lend some advice? This may be a lot easier than I'm making it.

Thanks in advance
    9L

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

For all of the domain extensions except for .de the process should be quite painless as long as the contractor is willing to "play ball" with you.

Most of the domain extensions you mention are easy enough to deal with. The only one that is any way "special" is .de, but even that is easy enough.

I've no idea what Eurodns are saying to you about "agents" unless they thought you were a non-EU company

If you need help let me know

Advertisement