Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Driver Install in Ubuntu

• 01-03-2007 6:27pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have a driver for my ZyXEL modem on my ubuntu desktop, and was wondering how to install it, and what to do after it has been installed. The comp is old, so the modem connects through a usb port.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

I have to ask, why not just use an ethernet cable?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Dont have a network card on the comp :(
    know anywhere i can get one on the cheap? Like, really cheap. Dirt cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

andrew wrote:
    Dont have a network card on the comp :(
    know anywhere i can get one on the cheap? Like, really cheap. Dirt cheap.

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=321788

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I find ebay great for small cheap items like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 nightfox

Andrew... I have one spare here going for free if you want it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

nightfox wrote:
    Andrew... I have one spare here going for free if you want it

thanks, but i decided to go ahead and install ubuntu on my other comp, its deadly! i usually use ubuntu now, but Gaim keeps closing on me and i was getting pissed off + lack of menu bar in firefox on boards i couldnt be bothered using it. does msn messenger work with WINE?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 goibhniu

Andrew, I really like gaim myself. I use it for all IM and IRC (google chat, yahoo, msn etc.) I don't know if msn messenger will work well under wine but it's worth a shot if you're desperate. Otherwise if you want to troubleshoot you could try starting it from a terminal with:
    $ gaim -d
    and then when it crashes have a look in the terminal and see what it says. You could post the last 20 lines or so here so others can have a look. You may also want to try a newer version.
    I can't recommend it highly enough, I run it for weeks on end without any difficulty and it's nice to have all that stuff handled by one application.
    A nice alternative might be kopete, I haven't use it myself but it sounds pretty similar to gaim, just it's more geared towards KDE than GNOME.

Advertisement