Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OMG! I'm heartbroken. Power blackout during project.

Options
  • 01-03-2007 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

So I've spent the last few days finally getting my system to work again and then finish off the February mix project. Today I had a run of a good few hours and did lots of synth stuff that I'd never normally do. Great fun. And then Dun Loaghaire gets hit by a blackout. When I trie to open my project after the power was back it says it doesn't exist. :eek: :eek: :eek:

This really, really sucks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Oh boy, Thats the worst. You don't want to hear this but you should have saved as you went. (I never do of course!)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

No matter what I'm recording/mixing, I am in constant save mode. I reckon I hit ctrl +S about once every few minutes and did so just before the blackout. But still it wouldn't open. And it was a production sound that I had never even attempted. F*ck:ng horrible!!

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

Ouch. Sorry to hear about that. One of the (few) advantages of using a laptop I guess, if the mains power goes it switches to battery. Has actually saved me a few times when somebody has been messing about with the fusebox in the house.

Funny it didn't save properly though. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

You could try a data recovery tool to look for the file or a temporary version that might have been saved. Worth a shot if it means that much to you.

Advertisement