Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

bmw dual mass flywheel trouble??

Options
  • 01-03-2007 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭

I've been dogged with an erratic idle on my 98 318is, it accelerates great, no flat spots or lumpiness - so far I've changed or checked:

pcv valve (not problem, checked old one on another car)
    spark plugs - ngk bkr6ek's and checked firing parade on sun machine, all fine
    plug leads & coil pack (checked, all fine)
    fuel pressure & injectors - (checked, all fine)
    throttle position sensor (working fine, 0.4 to 4.6v)
    Idle air control valve (seems to be working but getting a new one on saturday to be sure)
    I've also checked for any air leaks and also brake servo for leakage but everything seems fine - checked manifold pressure, 900 millibars @ idle.
    Also checked: intake air temp sensor and coolant temp sensor - both working fine
    The erratic idle is not in it all the time - I'll pull up to a set of traffic lights and it'll be fine, pull up to the next set and it feels like I'm driving a diesel.

I've been tending to a receding hair-line because of this! Someone suggested to me it could be the dual-mass flywheel - has anyone heard of anything similiar?

thanks in advance

Advertisement