Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions on Gfx Card (Quadro FX3500m)

Options
  • 01-03-2007 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭

Does anyone have any idea what a Nvidia Quadro FX 3500m would be like for gaming in comparison to one of the high end Geforce cards like the 7950gtx. This card goes for well over a grand but I know it's not targeted at gaming so I'm wondering what kind of performance you'd be looking at. I was also wondering would there be an issue with compatibilty with some games as well or would any game that supports geforce support a quadro card aswell?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Here ya go direct from the Nvidia site

The NVIDIA Quadro® FX Mobile professional solution is the ultimate notebook workstation graphics solution for digital content creators and engineers - from effects creators on a movie set, to engineers at the plant, to the geoscientist on a remote oil rig. NVIDIA Quadro® FX Mobile graphics processing units (GPUs) are the standard mobile workstation graphics solution for professional 3D applications.

I doubt it would play games!

Is it not a laptop? I did a google search and all that came up was a laptop?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

no real point explaining it. So simply put, it won't be good for games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭FastMachine

Yes it's a a mobile card and I was comparing it to the Geforce 7950 gtx go. I've read that the previous version, the 2500, showed good performance in games but I'm looking for more precise info - as in how it fares against the 7950 gtx.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Ok well afair, the Quadros are pushed more towards rendering and CAD and have better support for OpenGL. The Geforce cards are pushed more towards games and have better support for DirectX

Advertisement