Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Primera Electric Window Problem

Options
  • 01-03-2007 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I have an 04 Nissan Primera and the driver side electric window is acting up.
    It is going very slow lately and sometimes when it is down fully it wont go back up until i dont press the button for a few minutes
    Sometimes it flies back up ,other times it labours and creaks and groans ,begins to fly back up and then goes on go slow until it reaches the top,as if the power in it is being completely lost
    Other times, not a kick out of it when the window is fully up and i want it to go down .
    Any ideas on a solution for the problem or cost to get it fixed ?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Chonker

I would imagine the if you cleaned the runner at either side of the window it would fix the prob. Bang a little grease on either side to see if it helps then you know its not the motor.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Use some silicone lubricant in the window runners. You can get silicone lube in a spray can from most motor factors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

The silicone spray is a good idea anyway. Back to Black etc will do fine. Put down the window and spray it into the runner/guide. Failing that you could have a dodgy window switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

andrew1977 wrote:
    Any ideas on a solution for the problem or cost to get it fixed ?
    Sounds like the motor is on its way out. Happened to my old Primera a couple of years ago and I had to get it replaced. Expensive enough if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Cheers for the tips lads, got into the car this morning, tried to open down the window , can hear the motor running but not a budge out of the window...stuck

New motor needed ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

andrew1977 wrote:
    Cheers for the tips lads, got into the car this morning, tried to open down the window , can hear the motor running but not a budge out of the window...stuck

New motor needed ?

If you can hear the motor running then it may not be the motor at all. The arm that pushes and pulls the window up and down may be getting stuck or damaged.

Try the WD40 first the if you are competent enough then it might be worth taking the inside door trim off and see what is happening. Otherwise a take trip to an auto electrician for a diagnostic before throwing money at parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭twenty8

Andrew - I have exactly the same problem with mine. Let me know if you have any joy. It is my driver side window - 2002 Primera. Also, back doors now won't open from the outside!!! Getting very annoyed with my 'new' purchase!

Advertisement