Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Build and Stamp Duty

Options
  • 01-03-2007 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭

Dooleys my local estate agent sent me a brochure of all thier new build properties. One of these properties was C.1400sq feet and was being sold as Stamp Duty Free.

How is this possible ? Have I misunderstood stamp duty, as I thought that everything over something like 1356 was to big and liable for 3% even for new builds.

Can anyone clear this up ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Kipperhell

Not 100% sure but I think you have to consider how sqft is worked out. Estate agents measure the outside wall. I think the legislate may sate sq ft floor area. I know there is adifference to how estate agents work it out and logic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

You think in real terms c.1400 is most likely to be 1345, but when the EA get hold of it and measure from the outside and round it upto the nearest 100 they get 1400.

EA's seem to be a lying bunch of s**ts to me, the first place I looked at said on the brochure it had a bath, when looking on another web site it clearly showed the bathroom with no bath and stated shower only. The next place I looked at claims to be 1400 and stamp duty free......

Advertisement