Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English single text(H)

Options
  • 01-03-2007 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭

Right I may have discussed this before but here goes.

Is it possible to use Death of a salesman as my single text, and Macbeth as the comparitive even though I am covering them in reverse order in class?

I checked the list on skool.ie for 2007, and it is fine to use the combination I want, but is there any major differences or details I should know about when using Death of a salesman as a single text, as up to this point it was my comparitive.

To cut to the point, what do I need to know for Death of a salesman as a single text, and is it realistic to switch at this stage.
    I would be much more comfortable with DOS as a single text rather than Macbeth.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

My friend used Death of a Salesman as the Single Text answer in our Mocks the other day, he ws left with trying to compare How Many Miles to Babylon with Macbeth...which he had no idea about. I'm sure you could do it, but it'd requir going over all of Death of a Salesman in a lot more detail, not just key scenes to compare. As I'm not doing DoS for a stand-alone text, I cant say what ya need to know unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

^^ I am comparing Macbeth with How Many Miles to Babylon.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

^^Is that not difficult? I know it would have been for my mate because, well, we havent compared them before. On the day of an exam isnt the time to be thinking about how to compare something totally new

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Thanks for that link:), but would I need a lot more information than provide on the site.
    At least it has advice on what I should know:p

• Advertisement
Advertisement