Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sitecom Wireless Driver for Vista

• 01-03-2007 10:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

My Sitecom WL-141 PCI Wireless Network card will not work in Vista. The supplied drivers, or downloaded drivers are no good.

Are there any generic drivers that will work? I've been googling but I can't come across any.

Alternatively is there a cheap wireless card available in Dublin which has Vista support?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

You tried pointing it at the extracted driver .inf folder yes ?

What's odd is that there are Vista drivers for the USB and PCMCIA versions of the card and the card you have is just the PCMCIA version mounted on a PCI interface. It looks like they just haven't gotten round to it yet..

Generic drivers make be tricky to locate as it uses a common Prism chip by the looks of it and they do not supply drivers publicly & the drivers are usually tied to the OEM vendor.

You could try emailing Sitecom and ask about the status of a driver for the WL-141.

As for other WiFi cards Netgear is a fairly common brand & they have a chart on their site showing what is compatible with Vista.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

Presumably trying the PCMCIA drivers won't work?

I tried setting it up manually as well as with the software provided, for both my original CD and the newer downloaded ones.

I'll fire them off an email, but I may just replace the card. It belongs to my house mate so it's really no loss to me to hand it back and get a new one.

It's a bit of a pain since my Vista install was completely painless other than this card.

Thanks.

Advertisement