Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ex contract Digibox and Polish FTA

• 01-03-2007 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Folks,

Just wondering if anyone could help me.. I have an old ex-contract sky digibox pace 2500 which I'm not using.. I was wondering if it would be possible to connect up a satellite dish 80cm etc and point to hotbird at 13d east and get some of the polish fta channels on it? From what I read it's not but I want to use it for something and I dont want to get sky thru it anymore..

If it's not possible, does anyone have any suggestions on cheap fta systems that could do this.. Last question, would it be possible to tvp1 and tvp2 somehow over here in Ireland?

Thanks for any help anyone can give.... :confused:

Daz

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Any 60 euro to 100 euro + 80cm dish.

Skydigibox breakyour heart on it,
    Have it for free ITV=BBC ets pn 28E

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Yes. You need a Ci pay TV box and a Polish viewing card. Lots of people bring both from poland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Daz71

Thanks for the information on that.. I'll leave the digibox in the attic
    along with the betamax video recorder!!

Just wondering the ci pay box, are these just a type of sat reciever with an
    slot for de-crypt card.. I'm not too up in this...

And apologies, I think i should have posted this in the foreign Satellite section..
    :eek:

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

When you have a satellite receiver with CI, you'll need Conditional Access Module (CAM) for the card to slot into.

Card slots into CAM which in turn slots into the CI slot!

The CAM needed will be dependant on the encryption system used by the broadcaster/providers.

I'll move this thread to Foreign Satellite, and leave a link in the Satellite board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Daz71

folks thanks for the posts, it's making a little more sense now.. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Ulsterman 1690

A digibox CAN be used for the polish stuff on 13 or 19 East but unless money is very tight one is better off with a seperate box

There are quite a few Polish channels particularly on Hotbird around half them are FTA the rest are encrypted and need a card/CAM from Poland (wont work with digibox).

Some TVP channels are encrypted some are FTA

Advertisement