Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT bye bye for me.

Options
  • 01-03-2007 11:12pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well after 3/4 years with BT I am off,over the last few weeks there broadband has been terrible and you have not got a hope of trying to talk to someone without a huge delay.Its just not acceptable my speed has been crap over the last few weeks and its not just me many people I know all over the country are having the same issues.

So I am switching back to Eircom,who I hope an provide a better service.BT must be losing some customers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Beelzebub

Dub13 wrote:
    Well after 3/4 years with BT I am off,over the last few weeks there broadband has been terrible and you have not got a hope of trying to talk to someone without a huge delay.Its just not acceptable my speed has been crap over the last few weeks and its not just me many people I know all over the country are having the same issues.

So I am switching back to Eircom,who I hope an provide a better service.BT must be losing some customers.

Been with them almost 2 years myself, have mostly good experience except for the past few weeks...maybe the issues will be resolved but if not I would also think of switching to Eircom.
    Keep us posted as to how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

I don't mean to seem like Im just saying this to be anti eircom but what makes you think it will be any different? Bt just resell a wholesale Eircom product. Although your right as far as cs goes.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I don't mean to seem like Im just saying this to be anti eircom but what makes you think it will be any different? Bt just resell a wholesale Eircom product. Although your right as far as cs goes.

Its not just the speed,I could deal with this if I was made aware what was happening and when it would be fixed.Its a combination of things such as there billing,customer service and now the speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,117 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Speed's been absolutely rubbish here for a while too. Has there been a reason given for it? Getting fairly fed up with it at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Dub13 wrote:
    Its not just the speed,I could deal with this if I was made aware what was happening and when it would be fixed.Its a combination of things such as there billing,customer service and now the speed.

Im not defending bt's cs because I know its atrocious but if your lack of speed is an Eircom problem Bt's cs wouldn't know much about it. What your describing sounds like a network problem to me and if this was the case being with any bitstream seller you would have the same speed problem and you wouldn't have much luck with any of their customer care services.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Im not defending bt's cs because I know its atrocious but if your lack of speed is an Eircom problem Bt's cs wouldn't know much about it. What your describing sounds like a network problem to me and if this was the case being with any bitstream seller you would have the same speed problem and you wouldn't have much luck with any of their customer care services.

If this was an Eircom problem then surely other isp customers would be reporting slow speeds? And even then each of the isp's customer support would be only too keen to blame Eircom you can rest assured! I once had a utv rep (who are notorious for blaming Eircom) actually try to blame Eircom for a billing problem I was having with UTV!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I haven't had any trouble with BT recently. Maybe it's just something with your exchange, which would mean it's an Eircom problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I haven't had any trouble with BT recently. Maybe it's just something with your exchange, which would mean it's an Eircom problem.

Reading a lot of the recent threads here it seems that a lot of people in different parts of the country have been having problems with BT these past couple of weeks, so it's unlikely to just be an exchange problem.

I've had a few very frustrating examples this week where there's simply been no connection for hours on end, but apart from that I've had no probs with BT. Except for the customer service. But that goes with saying at this stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

BT has been SH*T in the Bray area for the last month. Constant disconnects for hours on end. Speed hasn't been a problem here. When I can get online there are no problems but it is totally unreliable and I am pretty close to cancelling also. Ever evening it drops off at unpredictable times and also during the day. It is gone beyond a joke at this stage and some information would be appreciated but getting through to BT CS is impossible.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

If your changing to eircom for better support,read this and trust me they are rubbish.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055048304

I think all these problems are contention,nothing more nothing less.
    Everyone and their aunty wants and are getting some form of broadband and this slows things down for everyone.
    Even worse are the damn leechers who dload over their limit and slow things down for everyone else.
    Sooner the better eircom charge for going over limits imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

And on a side note, the best of luck to you in trying to cancel your account with them. I got a very snotty letter from them today demanding payment for a service I cancelled last year after numerous phonecalls/emails/letters. They've got to have the most brain-damaged people working in their accounts department :mad:

Advertisement