Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

lidl laptop

• 02-03-2007 12:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭

Is this ok now that they've knocked 300 off or is it still too dear? cheers all.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

The price to me seems reasonable enough but does it come with an OS or do you have to put that on yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

There doesnt seem to be any info on the OS. Surely it would have XP at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Not a bad price not, although it was a bit expensive last time around. Only thing that really makes it worth it is the Go7600 though, so if you're not a gamer or heavy multimedia user really there's not much benefit to it at all over a several hundred euro cheaper dell machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

AFAIK it has XP Media Centre Edition.

Also, if its the same as previous offers it has a 3 year collect and return warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

It also has free vista upgrade. The longer warranty also appeals to me I have to say! Hmmm, need to think a bit. Ok let's say I got the same spec from dell, what would i be lookin at?

• Advertisement

Dell would be more expensive for the exact same spec but dell were always like that when trying to direct compare, you have to just keep an eye out on bargins and offers. And again, unless you're playing brand new games or very heavy multimedia work, you'd get from Dell a much cheaper and similarly performing machine:

Turion X2 Dual core cpu
    1Gb Ram
    120Gb Hard Drive
    X1150 Graphics

The only difference would be the X1150 is vastly inferior for games, and the processor might be a bit slower - but not to the extent you'd actually notice. The price? 699 euro - a 600 euro difference.

Would that have a 17" screen and wireless lan too? I don't play games, my old vaio was dropped and is kaputt now. thinkin you might be right about gettin a dll. what about warranty though?

They've knocked more off, down to 999.99.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

murphaph wrote:
    Would that have a 17" screen and wireless lan too? I don't play games, my old vaio was dropped and is kaputt now. thinkin you might be right about gettin a dll. what about warranty though?

I am looking for an old viao for parts. Do you still have it?

It is a very good deal for 999...

• Advertisement

That's what I was thinking. Lidl have won my cash (back) :D

Sorry Jo King, I'm keepin the vaio as it now operates as my desktop cos the screen was the only thing that smashed when it was dropped. It works fine with a connected monitor. If the cooling fan goes (for a third time) you can have it then mate!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

Aldi are doing a laptop at the moment for about ~€700 I think it comes with vista too..

techguy wrote:
    Aldi are doing a laptop at the moment for about ~€700 I think it comes with vista too..
    meh, I'd have to queue for that ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭Shamrogue

I asked there in Galway lidl about the price online compared to the price in the leaflet and they said its €1299. He seemed certain it was going to be €1299 and not €999. Anyone else hear anything like this from other stores around the country?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Shamrogue wrote:
    I asked there in Galway lidl about the price online compared to the price in the leaflet and they said its €1299. He seemed certain it was going to be €1299 and not €999. Anyone else hear anything like this from other stores around the country?

I checked a few hours ago as I was passing by the Lidl branch in Thomas St in Dublin and they were showing the price as €1299!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

the price on the website is 999.99 as they dropped 300 when the Aldi laptop came in at 799.99.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Chris1

greglo23 wrote:
    the price on the website is 999.99 as they dropped 300 when the Aldi laptop came in at 799.99.

The one in lidl has bluetooth as well,i was going to buy the one in aldi,but now lidl have lowered the price think i'll buy in lidl,ads in todays indo show the price as €999.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭scribs

Bought the Lidl laptop this morning. Will play around with it when i get home from work. I already have a Targa Laptop. Never had any problems with it. Am selling it to the girlfriend now - Its 2 years old an still works fine

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

scribs wrote:
    Bought the Lidl laptop this morning. Will play around with it when i get home from work. I already have a Targa Laptop. Never had any problems with it. Am selling it to the girlfriend now - Its 2 years old an still works fine

Apparently they went really quickly!:rolleyes:

Advertisement