Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MNP - Do I Own My Number?

• 02-03-2007 12:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

Quick on for ya's.
    I few years ago when i was 17 my pre-paid phone got destroyed on Holidays so i went ahead and got a post-pay account with O2. Now at the time i was underage so i got it added to my existing fathers account. Now my Dad is having a massive outstanding balance with O2 at the moment with his mobile, this is because he is disputing some charges. As a result my phone has also been disconnected.

Now want to set up a new account with O2 now only in my name, but its vital i keep my existing number. Is there ANY way my father can give consent for the number to be released somehow?

I was onto O2 today and it was a quick phone call and just general opinion i reckon from the Cust Care person i spoke to. She said my Dad would have to pay the balance off in full before the number could be set up in another account.

The only way i cant hink of doing it is..... Porting over to Vodafone ready to go with the number and then porting BACK to O2 with my new account setup.
    This is presuming of course that i can port the number to vodafone in the first place.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers guys!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

O2 will block any port so I'm afraid they'll have to get it sorted. Unless of course, your bills are paid up and it's just your dads phone isn't paid for.

Nobody actually owns any of their phone numbers. It always belongs to the company

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Pansy Potter

Hey Guys,

Now at the time i was underage so i got it added to my existing fathers account.

"My existing fathers account". Does he still exist? Or have you ported him too?
    :confused:

Advertisement