Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA IV trailer coming soon...

• 02-03-2007 1:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭

Most pointless thread ever, but thought I'd start it anyway...
    according to the rockstar broadcast, the trailer will be out on the 29th of this month

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

yeeeeeehhaaaaa!

*pop's a bottle of champagne / does cart-wheels / strips naked and runs around the neighbourhood yelling with glee *

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

cool.

begin the hype i suppose! though it would be hilarious if it was just the r* logo, then fade out to the date :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Please got let it not be in England. A British main charachter would suck monkey balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Kanney wrote:
    Please got let it not be in England. A British main charachter would suck monkey balls.

Exactly how would it suck monkey balls? Certainly couldn't suck any more monkey balls than being an L.A. gangster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Q: Whats cooler than being an LA Gangster? A: Nothing. I'm hoping exactly the same thing. I don't want listen to stupid cockney accents and have to play through mission filled with british "humour". If it turns out that they do set it in the U.K, I will be waving a sad goodbye to the GTA series...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Looking forward to it, I've only played the ones up to Vice City. I tried SA but didn't like it at all.:(

Wasn't feeling the gangster vibe, much preferred the mob storylines of the previous two. The had to change it at some stage though... although once you finished the Los Santos missions the game got alot more interesting.

I can see GTA IV sticking the the tried and trusted formula and not changing things too much for this one. They'll have to change things and set the game outside America at some stage. My guess is the sequel to GTA IV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

San Andreas would be my top GTA, followed by Vice City and GTA 3. San Andreas just pulled off 90's "gangsta" culture so well, and being a big fan of the whole Rap scene and Hood Movies from that era, I loved every single second of it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

SA was pure muck. there just wasn't a big enough jump from vice city to SA as there was from GTA3 to Vice city.

here's hoping they blow me away totally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

SA was the pinnacle of the gaming series, the others had far too many flaws for storyline and toons to make it better than SA.

SA was the biggest GTA game the others were shorter more focused versions.

I would expect them to go with yer wan who dumps you in GTA3 and is in SA as being the main story person.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I thought that GTA3 was better than GTA:VC and the story in GTA:SA interlinked more with Liberty City when you see the scene with Catalina and yer man from GTA3. The stories work as they are in a similar time period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

It could be a futuristic GTA with hoovering cars and spaceships so you could do missions in space

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Revalco

Dman001 wrote:
    It could be a futuristic GTA with hoovering cars and spaceships so you could do missions in space

Hope to god thats not the case.

I agree with DarkJager, SA is the best of the bunch. It had a good blend of every thing, i spend most my time betting lol :D

Would like it you had a choice of characters, and having abit more choice in the story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Revalco wrote:
    Hope to god thats not the case.

I agree with DarkJager, SA is the best of the bunch. It had a good blend of every thing, i spend most my time betting lol :D

Would like it you had a choice of characters, and having abit more choice in the story.
    It mightent be a bad idea.You could fight Gang Robots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Revalco

Dman001 wrote:
    It mightent be a bad idea.You could fight Gang Robots

Feck NO!!!

Its just preference, I like present day games or games that aren't too futuristic.

I.e:

BF2 = Blackhawks, tanks, hummers (Good)
    BF2142 = Giant flying spaceships, Mech warriors (Absolute Crap) ;)

Okay I'm reading topics here and there and on other boards. And just need to add.
    Jesus, we'll actually have footage of Grand Theft Auto IV on the 29th. How messed up is that? This is a game which has the whole world watching it. I really can't wait to see this.
    I can't wait to get back into the waiting for GTA frenzy that happens on the likes of GTAForums. We havent had it madness since San Andreas, sure LCS and VCS were big, but not this big nothing is. I loved checking GTAF for new magazine scans of San Andreas, and now it is all starting again.
    My hopes are high and they won't be dashed.
    As I write this I am still in disbelief they are giving us a release date on the trailer.
    Wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

5th/12th/19th/26th October 2007.

there's nothing new there tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Yep yep, counting the days now. What do ye want to see from it? I want a bit of the location, the main charachter, driving shooting and a clip of a past charachter..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I really hope its back to the mob and not the gangster crap from SA. Absolutely hated that :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

What if its the coke ad with a big "NAH NAH you knew all the time" line under it :)

That would be frikkin sweet :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Can I just ask whether the game will be sold in hddvd/blu ray format for the 360/PS3. Not sure whether anyone knows, but it would suck to have to buy the hd add on just for the game for the 360.

Cant wait for trailer

shortys94 wrote:
    Can I just ask whether the game will be sold in hddvd/blu ray format for the 360/PS3. Not sure whether anyone knows, but it would suck to have to buy the hd add on just for the game for the 360.

Cant wait for trailer

microsoft have said that no games will come in hd-dvd format. the 360 market is already fragmented enough!

O alright, thanks, so will t be a standard dvd disc, can we wexpect a lot more in the game then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

py2006 wrote:

Okay, if they made that, I had better not be a spinning logo like Project said =/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

KdjaCL wrote:
    SA was the pinnacle of the gaming series, the others had far too many flaws for storyline and toons to make it better than SA.

SA was the biggest GTA game the others were shorter more focused versions.

I would expect them to go with yer wan who dumps you in GTA3 and is in SA as being the main story person.

kdjac

Katalina ? I wouldnt think so they'd have to set it in the period between SA and GTA3 then because
    you kill Katalina at the end of 3

Although that said there is the whole sub-story between Katalina and Miguel, how they met etc, but if they cover that i'd expect it in much the same way as Katalina meets the guy from 3 in SA.

That doesnt really give much of a time frame compared to the rest of the series.

I'm leaning towards futuristic but I really really hope i'm wrong.

Yeah its gotta be after GTA3 imo. There are enough deep charachters still alive... Joey Leone revenge story...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I would thinks its going to be set in london but i dont want it to be:mad:
    Its the only GTA that didnt get the 3D treatment.
    Can't wait for the video though, I bet it will be a cheap lousy 37 second video:(

• Advertisement

Plug wrote:
    Its the only GTA that didnt get the 3D treatment.

there's always GTA2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I want some sort of yakuza storyline set in a different city... maybe a city based on orlando or something with disneyworld or universal areas and missions set there... thinking out loud but you could have missions to get a mickey mouse type outfit and run riot in it... fun times :D

i`m excited for the trailer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

JohnK wrote:
    I really hope its back to the mob and not the gangster crap from SA. Absolutely hated that :mad:

ye cpouldnt agree more, id love if it was tommy vercetti in his older mob boss years, calling the shots....he deserves it:D

I'd be happy enough if we got to find out the location. I wonder would they release information about the city or just have the textures around and make us punters guess about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

I'm gonna slouch in my chair until that damn timer gets to zero! GTA is my favourite games series. I'm a bit behind though: I've completed all of them - GTA1, GTA London, GTA2, and GTA3 - but am yet to finish-off Vice City and San Andreas.

You are a true GTA addict, kudos :)
    I loved GTA3, brilliant game. Liked it moreso than GTA San Andreas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Me too! GTA3 had smaller maps than in San Andreas which is better in my opinion. I actually completed GTA3 twice it was so good. I didn't like the way they gave the main character a personality in Vice City and San Andreas either. In GTA3 you were just a leather-jacket wearing hard-ass that just got the job done and never spoke word - the way it should be.

From gtagaming.com:
    I received an email from the Rockstar mailing list today, as I'm sure many of you have as well, in regards to GTA:IV. It was a reminder that the trailer will be released Thursday, March 29, at 6:00 PM EST. At the bottom of the email were the words "Things Will Be Different". What does this mean? Does it mean it will be online for once? Does it mean it's a different kind of setting, or story line? What can be expected?

So what do people reckon, what's gonna be so different?

If we could find out the setting we could start speculating and imagining things :)
    I eagerly await the trailer.

hopefully by different they dont mean theyve changed it too much, I mean I hope they dont ruin the game, I am sure they wont but lol meh

I'd say the differences will be a huge graphical overhaul, as opposed to changing the gameplay much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

MMOGTA anyone?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,926 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

They are using the same engine as the new indiana jones game thats in development. Looks gorgeous in the indy game.

is this a Rockstar engine, or did they take on another engine from a different company?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Was it not the ping pong game engine they used? I might be looking at the wrong indy game, but those graphics look like poo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

wikipedia wrote:
    It has been confirmed that Grand Theft Auto IV will run on the RAGE game engine, the same engine that powered Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis

their reference is from gamespy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Mandalore

I was thinking today about this and maybe when they say "Things Will Be Different" they are not referring to gameplay or graphics specifically. Maybe they are saying that the gaming world in general will be different after the release of GTA IV..like when GTA III came out it pretty much raised the gaming bar because it was so awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Mandalore

Not being sexist here but I think that having a girl as the playable character would ruin the whole experience....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Or a Predator, Alien, Jaffa or Rosie O Donnell.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭up'Chuck

the game engine being speculated is the euphoria engine which is the one featured in the indi game but i also heard that the rage engine would be used for clothes cause when it's used it makes the clothes appear to hang on the character and not become it, but is that possible ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement