Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA IV trailer coming soon...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Ta for the link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,037 ✭✭✭✭Basq

KdjaCL wrote:
    "it sucks to be you"
    "They sure is witty, dems internet!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Ok watched the trailer
    Definitely set in Liberty City (New York). Graphics look amazing but then most graphics do. Main character seems to be guy who's just after after moving to America. He seems to be Eastern European or Russian judging by his accent. No real hints about gameplay. Just a teaser trailer really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Davexirl

http://www.eurogamer.net/tv_video.php?playlist_id=2512&s=l

there is a link for eurogamer....

Sounds like your Eastern European or something and yet again we here "things will be different"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Still waiting...grrr!

EDIT: Woot! God bless Eurogamer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Its the coke ad graphics :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

http://download.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_gta4_trailer1_720p.wmv @ 13kb/sec:( (me blames C&C3 for the slow speed:cool:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Having watched it a few times now, I must say I can't really see anything to be excited about... Yeah the graphics are nice but until we start to hear about what we will actually be able to do in the game, thats all the hype will be set around. And please god no eating system this time...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Evo9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlF6fbIFiCM

gta4 is set in liberty city, prove can be see 19sec into the clip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

These are pretty much the only games I play so it better be good! :) Graphics do look tasty but not much else to go on from the trailer as mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Yay NYC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

The graphics leave me underwhelmed. Some nice lighting, but otherwise this isn't take the leap I had hoped for.

Gameplay wise, obviously they give us nothing to judge by. But I'm worried that some 'last gen' characteristics are already making a return - like streets that just aren't busy enough for a city like this. Parts of those scenes just lacked business, a pet peeve of mine with the previous GTA games. I really thought they'd sort that out.

Uff. I want to see more if only so I can restore some excitement, because this leaves me a bit disappointed if I'm honest :(

(I do like the idea of a Russian protagonist, though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

it's painfully obvious they are playing it safe. They know if they give us the same thing with updated graphics it will possible be one of the biggest selling games ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Russians - cool
    Liberty city - meh

I'm just hoping it's not all set in Liberty City, there should be other cities and countryside like in San Andreas. One big city the size of San Andreas or bigger would get very boring. A city the size of Liberty City in GTA 3 would get even more boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Think there'll be another Vice City and San Andreas after this one then?

Was underwhelmed by the trailer tbh, although it was pretty short, so the game could be great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Not the biggest liberty city fan but it does look pretty.

They'll have to come up with something good, gameplay wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Black_Venom

:o That means it is out :D

*searches through thread for link :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Black_Venom

Looks awsome tbh..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Wow... looks incredible... always a fan of Liberty City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

oh. my. ****ing. god.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Reptileboy

I cannot believe some of the negative vibes I'm hearing from some of the people who claim to be GTA fans on the web right now.

I've been blown away by the trailer. GTA has never been the best looking game on the street, and likely by the time GTA4 arrives, the graphics will have faded in their elegance. But the thing that makes GTA so great is the gameplay.

I cannot wait for this game to come. And the trailer was done beautifully.

Best start saving for a console to play it on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAqEnNBIOcs

I know it was already posted, but mine doesn't have a silly watermark... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Wow that looks ****ing class!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

That looks brilliant. Playing as a russian mobster I take it too. Wasn't expecting Liberty City but it's welcome. The graphical overhaul is brilliant, we'll have to wait and see for features but it has given a lot of information so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Draw distances look great, I hope there is no magic appearing cars this time around.

We can only wait and see :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I'm just hoping it's not all set in Liberty City, there should be other cities and countryside like in San Andreas. One big city the size of San Andreas or bigger would get very boring. A city the size of Liberty City in GTA 3 would get even more boring.
    The scale of the city seems to be a hell of a lot bigger than LC in GTA3, so I'd say chances are there's only the one large city...
    Time will tell though...
    *wanders out to buy an xbox360*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Anyone else think the trailer seemed alot darker than what we usually get from GTA, but trailers from previous GTA's set more of a scene. I am thinking particularly about the trailer for san andreas with welcome to the jungle blarrin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Its not the gangster crap :D. Woohoo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,037 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Bah.. impressed enough with the trailer but we needs some in-game footage!

See this link http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/13134/And-Grand-Theft-Auto-IV-Takes-Place-In-UPDATE-/ (orig posted by ciano1)
    "We would like to let the trailer speak for itself. However, we can confirm that all footage in the trailer "Things Will Be Different" was captured directly from 720p gameplay running real-time in our RAGE engine on a next-gen gaming console."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

It does seem a bit darker, I suppose that Rockstar have realised that their core market are a bit more grown up now. That music rocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

impressed with it alright. i like the new character. it'll hopefully bring a new story to fold... city itself looks stunning. october, here we come!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

tman wrote:
    The scale of the city seems to be a hell of a lot bigger than LC in GTA3, so I'd say chances are there's only the one large city...
    Time will tell though...
    *wanders out to buy an xbox360*
    *follows tman*

I agree with what was said earlier about cant believe "true" gta fans slating the trailer. It was amazing, Planetgta.com have a great breakdown of the trailer. And it is ingame footage. Very impressive, very very impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Graphics look good all right but I'd expect nothing less. Frankly unless they improve the gameplay, which has long gone stale by now (GTA 3 Brilliant! Give me more! Vice City awesome music - copters! San Andreas, meh same again? I know all these songs.) I'll be giving it a pass.

They need to improve the gunplay, thats what let the rest of the game down. Take either Max Payne or Gears of War for example, use the slo-mo dives or cover situations or both and elevate GTA to the ultimate in freeform shooting.

The driving was fine in the last, just a bit tiring. Everyone likes jumps also use physics to knock things down+into path of cops (NFS). It'd be nice if even tho u can't go into every building through the door you can crash through the window of the shop. They could limit it with you getting stuck on the display at the front so u cant see the rest of the shop.

I assume they'll give you more ways to damage the cars but also maybe go the burnout route and allow you to ram people off the road/flip cars etc.

Its a lot to ask but if they do any of these things it'd be a much better game and keep it fresh (by copying others!) imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Awesome. I spotted the following real-life New York City landmarks in the trailer:

MetLife (PanAm) building - signposted “GetALife” in the trailer :)
    Chrysler building
    Brooklyn bridge
    Empire State building
    Flatiron building
    Statue of Liberty
    Staten Island ferry terminal
    Coney Island amusements
    St Patrick’s Cathedral
    Times Square

I feel somewhat glad i bought an xbox 360 now. It has been gathering dust lately! This and Burnout 5 ftw.

Evo9 wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlF6fbIFiCM

gta4 is set in liberty city, prove can be see 19sec into the clip.

You mean when it says "Liberteen" on the building.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭El_mariachi

Right so for a next gen it looks ****, its a another re hash of a over killed city 5 times its been used), There is still barely any ppl and cars on screen in the screen shots (isnt this meant to be New york?) and Rockstar can go die if they think i am buying it. FFS can they not come up or use a different city. Didnt they see LCS and VCS were flops, Stop making crappy games Actually no ppl need to stop buying these crappy games!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

unless liberty city has a statue of liberty then its new york also there was a building that looked something like the empire state

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Just a teaser, nothin to be excited about yet. Some of graphics was dodge in parts. (The car didnt look like it was on the road in one part)

Im sure it wont be the same liberty city map from the first one, it better be bigger than SA!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Some dirty romaian selling roses.....great:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

statue of liberty.
    Chrysler building.
    Metlife building.
    Flat iron building
    Times square
    Grand Central
    and st patricks cathedral.

Looks like New York to me.
    I know liberty city is based on NY but let's call a spade a spade when they have that many landmarks. So bsaically New york with liberty city as its name. wonder how faithful it'll be to its layout.
    Not all that excited tho..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

I can't think of a better place to set it tbh. I'm just wondering when it's meant to be set? If it's nineties, the twin towers are bound to be there. GTA games have always let you control planes so that could start yet another media storm but might explain the city name change.

This is early stuff so the final graphics and physics are going to be amazing. It's just over 6 months to go and I can't wait to get it on launch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Any word on a PC version yet? I know it'll inevitably be released later than the console ones but are they even doing one this time?

Either way i'll be picking it up for 360 on launch day :)

With Vice City and San Andreas I did this for the PS2 versions and then traded them for the PC one when it was available.

If they dont do a PC version then I'll never play it. I played SA on a PS2 and I've never been so disapointed in a game or console in my life.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

JohnK wrote:
    I played SA on a PS2 and I've never been so disapointed in a game or console in my life.

have you no hands or something? Thats a bit melodramatic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

kinda surprised its set in new york, i know its ahwile since 9/11 but the idea of multiplayer madness IE flying planes at each other or maybe into the empire state seems a bit errr i dont know

Advertisement