Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA IV trailer coming soon...

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Funkstard

What I found from the trailer:

i)You'll end up going into the character's past ie. playing missions that are set in Russia/wherever in Europe he's from

ii)It's Liberty City in name, New York in everything else. Saying it'll be the same city as GTA3 is ridiculous - expect there to be a brand new world, and the game IMO will not be confined to it; different cities á la SA, but with them playing a minor role instead of each city being equally as important

iii)It seems like it will be the same 'build the character up' storyline, eventually taking over whatever it is that needs to be taken over

iv)The graphics blew me away. Maybe it's because I haven't been following next-gen and don't have a standard to compare it too, but the lighting and scenes were jaw dropping to me.

That's it for now. I want to read what other people took from it as I usually miss the hints they throw in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

faceman wrote:
    have you no hands or something? Thats a bit melodramatic.
    I just felt that the graphics were **** and the controls crap. Add the gangster BS into it and I was in gaming hell really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Phwooaaarrrr! That looks quite classy... ...so classy thast there's no way it'll work on my PC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Funkstard wrote:
    What I found from the trailer:

i)You'll end up going into the character's past ie. playing missions that are set in Russia/wherever in Europe he's from
    They have never done that before. I'd say you start when he arrives in Liberty City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Jakkass wrote:
    They have never done that before. I'd say you start when he arrives in Liberty City.
    All the more reason for them to do it this time as it'd be something new for the series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

sorry to be off topic, but how does san andreas play on the 360? feel like playing it again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

GTA4 will be out on the PC 6 months after the console's. 6 months to extend the missions, improve the AI, and make it harder than the console's. Why? Cos the PC's have a mouse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

the_syco wrote:
    Why? Cos the PC's have a mouse.

don't mess with us pc gamers. we're crazy mofos!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Don't forget improve the graphics, I wonder if the 6 months is enough time for PC graphics to overtake the console stuff... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

the_syco wrote:
    GTA4 will be out on the PC 6 months after the console's. 6 months to extend the missions, improve the AI, and make it harder than the console's. Why? Cos the PC's have a mouse.

well the 6 months thing isn't confirmed at all afaik, but in those 6 months the AI & missions will probably go through absolutely no revamp at all. they didn't do it before, why would they do it again? especially since PC sales for GTA is significantly lower then the console sales.
    BopNiblets wrote:
    Don't forget improve the graphics, I wonder if the 6 months is enough time for PC graphics to overtake the console stuff... :p

they won't improve the graphics either. but generally, PC games can easily out-do console graphics. the issue is that it costs 2 or 3 times more then a PS3 to get the hardware necessary to do that right now :)

• Advertisement

they usually improve the draw distance on the PC version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

just noticed some cool small things in the trailer i've never seen before.

in the scene with the overhead train, you can see air conditioners on the buildings, the A/c's have smoke coming out of them.

in the next scene with the dude driving the blue car, you can see him adjust the rear view mirror.

on the stock ticker you can see : "take2 up 69%" :D.

you can also see loads of references to liberty city it's unreal.

1. the ferry terimal. over the words ferry terminal you have a liberty sign, also the ferry has liberty written on the side.

2. the shipping yard, the boat called platypus has liberty city written underneath.

3. in the times square scene you can see an ad for the liberty tree paper ie. like the one that the GTA3 manual came in.

when you see all the pedestrians go by, you can see a fat woman cop, this is cool as it suggests that the cops will be more realistic ;) and may be easier to get away from some cops and others may be fit feckers.

on one of the bridge scenes you can see a mono-rail too, should be cool for the views.

the attention to detail is absolute superb, i only hope they can substain it at a decent frame rate, as GTA games were prone to slow down when the action got too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Cremo wrote:

in the scene with the overhead train, you can see air conditioners on the buildings, the A/c's have smoke coming out of them.

in the next scene with the dude driving the blue car, you can see him adjust the rear view mirror.

1. the ferry terimal. over the words ferry terminal you have a liberty sign, also the ferry has liberty written on the side.

2. the shipping yard, the boat called platypus has liberty city written underneath.

3. in the times square scene you can see an ad for the liberty tree paper ie. like the one that the GTA3 manual came in.

when you see all the pedestrians go by, you can see a fat woman cop, this is cool as it suggests that the cops will be more realistic ;) and may be easier to get away from some cops and others may be fit feckers.

on one of the bridge scenes you can see a mono-rail too, should be cool for the views.

the attention to detail is absolute superb, i only hope they can substain it at a decent frame rate, as GTA games were prone to slow down when the action got too much.

They were excellent observations I must say. I didn't notice the fat cop, but as you say the attention to detail is great. I really can't wait for this game to come out. Is it only going to be coming out on PS3, 360 and on PC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Jocksy

Why is there so much debate about what city it is. Its Liberty City, a fictional representaion of New York. Just GTA always does representations of other cities. They put in the landmarks, get the shape and feel of the city right. Its not New York as its not a street for street copy of that city.

Jocksy wrote:
    Why is there so much debate about what city it is. Its Liberty City, a fictional representaion of New York. Just GTA always does representations of other cities. They put in the landmarks, get the shape and feel of the city right. Its not New York as its not a street for street copy of that city.

They just base it on other cities, and work in their own originality. It's what makes GTA a very enjoyable game, because the surroundings look familiar, but the game makes it original.

Jakkass wrote:
    They just base it on other cities, and work in their own originality. It's what makes GTA a very enjoyable game, because the surroundings look familiar, but the game makes it original.

Yeah totally agreed wit you there. It would have been funny if it was a GTA: Dublin lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

savage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Cremo wrote:

you noticed all that yourself?

yes i'd say i've watch the video at least 100 times easily. i can't get enough of the attention to little details.

• Advertisement

You surely are an avid GTA fan, Cremo :)

wouldn't be as big as some others here, i actually detested San Andreas.

but this trailer has gotten me hooked again.

I preferred GTA3 thats why it's good it's back in Liberty City.

Cremo wrote:
    wouldn't be as big as some others here, i actually detested San Andreas.

but this trailer has gotten me hooked again.

I have to say, I didn't like San Andreas at all. There just wasn't enough to do I don't think. There was something about that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,037 ✭✭✭✭Basq

In my opinion, my main problem with San Andreas was it was actually far too big of a city to fully enjoy the game.

Vice City was the right size for a city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭csk

That trailer was breathtaking I can't wait for the new GTA now.

basquille wrote:
    In my opinion, my main problem with San Andreas was it was actually far too big of a city to fully enjoy the game.

Vice City was the right size for a city.

No i prefer the map size in SA to VC. I just thought it was a whole lot better.

Advertisement