Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good veggie food in Galway

Options
  • 02-03-2007 4:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hey, the last time I was in Galway was a year ago, and I had a tough time finding good veggie food in the city, at good prices.

On Paddy's day, there was a Govinda's stall in Eyre square, and I was just wondering whether that was still there and what days? I'll be heading over next week, and I can't survive on the same thing every day!

If the Govinda's stall isn't there anymore (there really needs to be a permanent one there!) are there any other places of a similar price range (less than a tenner for a good hearty meal!) with delicious veggie food in the area?
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ard Bia on Shop street is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Couch potatoes if memories serve me correctly did a nice little .. veggie curry potatoe thingy :)

Kashmir do have a number of Veggie dishes as well but its a bit on the pricey side but probably my favourite place to eat in galway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

There's usually a stall selling organic falafel at the market on Saturdays and Sundays - I find it very very tasty and I'm not even a veggie...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

La Salsa do good, filling buritos and quesadillas. can make them vegan too.

good feed for about 7/8 euro.

there's two of them in the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

:edit: double post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

as a practising veggie of 12yrs i can say..

cobblestones down kirwans lane...
    milano's restaurant have a good selection of veggie stuff,
    mustard (across from modern music)
    emporer city (chinese) do some good stuff
    quench on eyre street have some good stuff

thats just to name a few places....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Well if its the best curry in the world your after try the Curry stall in the Market on Saturdays,its Pea and Potato curry and with out a doubt its bloody brilliant,Im a dedicated carnivore but I still love their curry and at €3.30 its good value! Worth checking out!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement