Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boards is back!

• 02-03-2007 4:50pm
    Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭

good work guys, running quick for me too...
    Post edited by Shield on

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Phew-

I thought my "refresh" finger was going to fall off...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Great! I can stop working now.

It's the old saying, you don't realise how much you miss something until it is gone.

And it is noticably quicker too. Though that's probably 'cos most Boards.ie users are going through cold turkey in a corner somewhere.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

lol, me either!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

never got so much work done in a day as today!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Yeah, it's been surprisingly productive for me too. Ah well, at least that's the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,992 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Yay :D:D:D:D

My refresh button finger has RSI :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Hurrah! Now people can go back to talking about the worst ads on the radio, vaginal excretions, why the PS3 sucks and horse racing.

What a wonderfully varied site we have :)

/me kisses boards.ie through laptop screen ..ooOO{{ DONT EVER LEAVE AGAIN!!! }}OOoo..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

*looks up after crying all morning* Wheee!:)

Bard wrote:
    Hurrah! Now people can go back to talking about the worst ads on the radio, vaginal excretions, why the PS3 sucks and horse racing.

What a wonderfully varied site we have :)

/me kisses boards.ie through laptop screen ..ooOO{{ DONT EVER LEAVE AGAIN!!! }}OOoo..

yeah, I wish that one would stop popping up on the main screen eventually I will click on it, i just know it..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Is it just pie that's back? The www isn't working for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭ST

I can only launch using the IP address, does anyone know the Adverts IP address?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

It's all perfect for me I'd say you just need your DNS cache refreshing but that will be all sorted by tomorrow.

adverts.ie isn't back yet.

stargal - it's not possible to use pie or statler or anything like that anymore. It may take a while for some people to get access to the site via www.boards.ie, particularly if you're in a corporate network.

If you're not on a corporate network, something as simple as rebooting could sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

OK, I'll say this again.
    • Don't use the IP address
    • Don't use porkpie.boards.ie anymore
    • Don't use statler.boards.ie
    • THEY WON'T WORK

Thanks!

www is fine for me too...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Plug it into my vein!
    <+regi> and then you'll say WAAAH WAHHH on feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Nice to have you guys over on boards.org.uk for a while there earlier. Feel free to visit again anytime ;)

Great to have boards.ie back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

ST wrote:
    I can only launch using the IP address, does anyone know the Adverts IP address?

Me too.

WooHoo!! We're back! At least I can happily pass the final hour in work now.

regi wrote:
    OK, I'll say this again.
    • THEY WON'T WORK

Thanks!

hmmm, but how are the people using them going to know
    not to if they can't get in to read this??? :p

Seems to be flying along too.

But have ye actually plugged in the new hardware? Or is this just a few minutes of grace while we wait for everyone to come back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Jaysus lads, good work.

The site is now one of the fastest forums I use.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

regi wrote:
    OK, I'll say this again.
    • THEY WON'T WORK

Thanks!
    New servers regi ?

They seem lovely and smooth, good work *cough* ;)

We've not plugged in the new hardware yet, just tweaked the network a little.

New hardware comes online over the next week, I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

seamus wrote:
    stargal - it's not possible to use pie or statler or anything like that anymore. It may take a while for some people to get access to the site via www.boards.ie, particularly if you're in a corporate network.

If you're not on a corporate network, something as simple as rebooting could sort it.

That's weird, the pie is definitely working for me but the www isn't. I'm at home so it's not a corporate network or anything, but might try rebooting anyway.

/shrugs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

KTRIC wrote:
    Jaysus lads, good work.

The site is now one of the fastest forums I use.

youngteens.com can be a bit slow at times.

but on a real note, legend work guys, Asok didnt lie when he said there would be a performance boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Is that some canonical url hax going on, probably makes it easier for load balancing (if thats whats planned)

Good job on getting that done so soon.

"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards...Checkmate."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

regi wrote:
    We've not plugged in the new hardware yet, just tweaked the network a little.

New hardware comes online over the next week, I'd say.

She's zipping along quite nicely now. I'd say this is both a combination of now everyone being back on the site, and it being on a bigger pipe perhaps?

Needless to say, well done! Can't wait till the new hardware is installed. Does this mean you'd be adding back in some features that were taken away, like search and users viewing a forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

seems faster, but that might be because boards was down for the entire day so not that many users on. We will see tomorrow at lunch.

Dr4gul4 wrote:
    Asok didnt lie when he said there would be a performance boost.

I assume you are a guy, because he never lies to guys.

scojones wrote:
    Needless to say, well done! Can't wait till the new hardware is installed. Does this mean you'd be adding back in some features that were taken away, like search and users viewing a forum?

Yep =)