Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boards is back!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

regi wrote:
    I assume you are a guy, because he never lies to guys.

lol i am thanks regi :) ... he was raving on about the move earlier on irc when i was asking him.

still as i said good work tho

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

krazy_8s wrote:
    seems faster, but that might be because boards was down for the entire day so not that many users on. We will see tomorrow at lunch.

ah the Saturday lunchtime rush!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

regi wrote:
    Yep =)

Huzzah! \o.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Load-balanced MySQLds from shared storage (GFS) - does that mean anything to ye?

If ye're doing web+db clusters (behind ldirectords), could ye spout a bit of naard spiel about it here if you get a chance? I'm in an argument at work about related stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Likity fukun split boys!

Hasn't been this fast since the days in 2001

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Shame, I wanted to see if I could conqueror boards.org.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Good job guys, i cant remember the last time boards was this fast. Nice to have it back to full speed again.
    regi wrote:
    Yep =)

ROCKING GOOD NEWS - OLD POST DRAGUPS AHOY!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

woot!

/stops shivering

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭the1andonly1

Only the pie seems to be working for me at the moment, www.boards.ie wont load at all. speed is great though, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

About time :rolleyes: I nearly got involved in this thing called "conversation" today!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

*notices boards is back*
    *does happy dance and performs appropriate sacrifice to the Gods*
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

I can only login with boards.ie

www.boards.ie doesnt work and im on NTL BB

• Registered Users Posts: 6,852 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

www.boards gone but pie working :confused:

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

www is working for me and theres a planet in the way to the servers so make of that what you will!

As Regi said, we havent plugged the new servers in yet, he's just tweaked some of the networking and the real test will come on Monday lunchtime but so far so good. New servers will follow shortly. Kudos to Regi's tech skillz and Vexorg's mad driving skillz :)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

regi wrote:
    I assume you are a guy, because he never lies to guys.

Unless it is regarding their sister/daughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Ok if you need to ****... **** in the bin!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

So, with the new hardware coming online soon, will this mean an upgrade to the forum software, say to vB 3.6.x or IPB 2.2.x ?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

One change at a time. I cant see us porting to IPB any time soon but upgrading to 3.6 will likely happen when we get over this eruption of change!

Last thing we need is to throw that into the mix too!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I still seem to be unable to access any threads using www.boards.ie I can get to the forums, but not the threads. If I use the IP address then all is well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

crosstownk wrote:
    I still seem to be unable to access any threads using www.boards.ie I can get to the forums, but not the threads. If I use the IP address then all is well.

try this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=52849126&postcount=26

• Advertisement
Advertisement