Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAME - Trade In's

Options
  • 02-03-2007 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Anyone know why Game won't trade in PC games?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

You can copy them and bring them back and get another game or your money back. They only have to exchange it if the disk is faulty but not if your machine will not run the game. Too many people where taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Kenpo

Fair Enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Plus codes with stuff like Half-Life 2 etc. What good would they be if someone had already used the code? With some games you get special content online. If the code had been used then in things like the Sims you'd miss out on special features.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Speedway

I think there's that side to it but I think with PC games as well there is the licencing agreement. With any PC software when you install it you have to click "I accept" on the agreement. And i think that agreement allows you to make a copy of the files on the CD onto your hard drive ie install it. But then it is licenced to you and by trading it in it breaks that licence cause someone else would be installing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

When you buy 'console' games you buy the game on the disk, and therefore as the owner have a right to do what you want with it.. including selling it on. When you buy PC games, you buy a licence to use the software, and part of the licence agreement is it may not be sold on. So you can't trade the game in.. it's not yours to trade.

• Advertisement
Advertisement